1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Starting Pin Collection!

Discussion in 'Collections including Pin Trading' started by minnie-me, Jan 21, 2009.

1. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

:wave:Hi

As daughter is a really nervous flyer I bought some pins from e-bay last year (about 7 each) - wrapped them up & as we were taking off gave them the small boxes to open!

They were so happy with the pins (Tink for Tara & Minnie for Jodie) & it took Tara's mind off the actual taking off! They were able to start trading on 1st day & they were then able to get which ones they wanted!

They have collected the 2 times we have been, but as I ended up having to wear the lanyards the most towards the end of holiday, we have decided that they will not bother this year.

We have got some lovely pins for memories xx
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Instead of wearing lanyards minnie me , the kids could wear there trading pins on their hats, fanny pack or backpack . Or carry their trading pins in a small change purse . Lanyards can get quite heavy after a while . One of the reasons why CM's now have waist pouch for pins . :D
  3. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

:) I wear mine where ever I can pin them lol. The lanyards are for display at home for us :)
  4. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

What a clever way to take little one's mind off of take off!

I found after a while that the nylon material the lanyard was made from irritated my neck. I wish it was made from softer material.
  5. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

That was a good idea to ease her anxiety! What a good mom :)

My kids always take their lanyards & start out wearing them & then they end up in the backpack when their necks get tired. Paige, who is the major pin trader along with my husband, carries her traders in this stitch necklace purse thing she bought at WDW a couple years back. It's perfect as it's easily accesible & since it's around her neck she can't lay it down.

I wish I knew how to post a pic here. We saw this guy during our July trip that hd this coat where he'd cut the sleeves off & the entire things was covered in pins. It must have weighed 100 pounds!

Hmm, i see the insert image tab but when i click on it i just hear a little sound & nothing happens. any advice? i'd love for you all to see this guy!
  6. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

Guess what - I said they would not collect this year & they decided once there that they would!!!! Cost alot more than when I bought off ebay last year!

But at least they had lots of fun!