1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

starting to collect disney pins

Discussion in 'Shopping & Other Activities' started by MonorailMick, Jun 15, 2010.

1. MonorailMick

MonorailMick Earning my ears

I've read the guide on the website here and I'm going to give it a go

my plan is to buy a lanyard with a starter set and try to swap with the staff then perhaps go to a swap meet. Now I heard they have some swaps at hotels? is there a schedule for those?

Also is it best to try and collect a set rather than just picking this and that?
  2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

I am no expert on pins Mick but as with most things Disney there are so many out there to collect its probably best if you pick a character or a theme to focus your collection on to give it some cohesion :yes:
  3. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

They can be quite expensive at Disney, Mick . What I do is go to ebay.com , type in lot of Disney pins . I bought a lot of 30 pins :sorry: for $27.99 . You will have more pins to swap and save money at the same time . The lanyards are only $7.95 plus tax . Cheap :yes: its the price of the pins that sock you .
    Also you can go to pinpics.com , click groups, scroll all the way to the bottom till you see WDW Hidden Mickey 2010 pins , open that and print it out . These are the pins that are only given to cast members and cannot be purchased . Hope this helps .
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  4. MonorailMick

MonorailMick Earning my ears

thanks you two :wave:

so the aim would be to find these pins that only disnet staff have? do they have to trade with me or what and will they trade a rare pin for a cheap ebay one???
  5. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Also, when you buy a lot of pins, check the back of the pin for Hidden Mickeys, Cast Lanyards or limited edition and you can look up on pin pics, to see which ones you got . There are ones, you may want to keep or collect the other series . Or post a picture of them, once you receive them, and I can help you out .