1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

step by step to making cards?

Discussion in 'Arts, Crafts & Scrapbooking' started by dvcjane, Aug 9, 2008.

1. dvcjane

dvcjane Imagineer

Hi :) everyone seems to be making really lovely hand made cards these days. Is there some guide to it or some way to get started. I know theres a local shop that sells card but then what :lol:
  2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

well do you know i started out by recycling old birthday and christmas cards, just cutting out the bits i wanted and sticking them to blank cards!

You can buy magazines such as this which usually come with stuff to make the cards they illustrate.

I have a little craft shop nearby and the staff there are very helpful - everyone loves to give their advice to new crafters! Perhaps you have one near you. If so, go along and ask them what you need to get started - ask for some ideas, I'm sure they'll help.

Some high street stores sell card making kits with all you need to get you started - you could try those first and see how you like it.

Oh, and you MUST watch the craft channels on sky! :yes:
  3. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

:p015: That's how I started. It's good to recycle and much cheaper too.

A lot of stationers sell pieces for card-making, also Ebay.
    If you don't want to write your own verses inside there are plenty on the 'net to copy.

This is quite a good site:

http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/
  4. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

I started making cards about a year ago. Agree the craft shows on SKY are a good source of inspiration and they have some good kits to get you started.

Basic supplies include cardstock, glue, scissors, embellishments to decorate, stamps, inks. Hobbycraft and Papermill are also good starting points.

I make most of my cards now and will be strating on the Xmas ones in a few weeks :eek:
  5. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

:lol: i made around a dozen Christmas cards in January while i was still in the festive mood - i was just thinking i need to crack on with a few more now....

dvcjane ~ if you read this - have you made any yet? If you have, tell us all about it! :yes: