1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Stormalong Bay and Epcot!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Mari, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

On Friday we spent the morning at the Yacht Club.

Had a nice breakfast at Captain Grill's and the headed to Stormalong bay. We found out the hard way that you have to be there at 10:00am sharp to get good seats. There were band and ID card checks, byt they were random.

The 5 girls enjoyed being together and had fun playing in the sand. Loved that the resort provided buckets and shovels!! Tatiana, Natalia and Carolina who's 18 months went on the small slide quite a few times and really enjoyed it!

By noon it was time for naps and showers.

Toño arrived around 2:00pm, yipee!!! He really does make my life happier and easier :) we've got our own "park mode" and we already know who does what before leaving and in the parks. Funny how we hadnt considered how good we work together until we werent together hahahaha, so very glad he's here.

We made our way to Epcot, got drenched on our way to Norway and had a delicious lunch at Akershus! The mushroom filled pasta was TDF!

Afterwards we went to The Living Seas for Nemo. Tatiana loved it all over again. Watched the dolphins and manatees for a while and then headed to the Imagination pavillion. Had a fun time with Figment, and headed back to the YC after.

We had dinner at Yachtman Steakhouse. The food was wonderful, the service lacking. Our server was rude and condescending. First time ever Ive wanted to reconsider the compulsory 18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more!

We then headed to our room and watched Illuminations from the balcony :)

I have to say, we wont be trying the morning pool/afternoon park combo again. It works wonders the other way atound, but doing the pool first made all girls tired abd sleepy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Mari

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376129777.596001.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376129790.562253.jpg

3. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Thanks for the pool tip :) we are planning a couple of lazy pool days while we're at the Beach Club, so I'll be sure and remember this.

I loved, loved what you'd said about Tono :) it made me all sappy. What a great team you guys make!

Sounds like a nice day overall, how's the weather?

Disappointed to hear about your experience at the Yachtsman. I believe I would have asked to speak to a manager, rudeness is unacceptable.

Enjoy today! The photos are ADORABLE!

4. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Matching outfits! So cute!

5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Great photos of the girls Mari, but how on earth did you manage to eat a full breakfast, a full lunch and a full dinner?

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Love the matching outfits!!

Pool and sun time always make me sleepy lol

7. Mari

Well, we eat 3 meals, but we dont over do it. For example, for breakfast I had oatmeal, had a salad and pasta for lunch and for dinner we shared a salad a ratatouille a rib eye and lamb chops amongst the whole table :)

8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yep, eating doesn't mean gorging, eh? :D

I'm really sorry to hear that the service at YSH was so poor. Disney is struggling enough as it is with lousy meals without adding bad service. And I know if you say it was rude and condescending it must have been terrible!

Good that Toño is there with you now. :yes: I hope the rest of your holiday goes well!