strolling around the villa areas?

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, Hotels, DVC and V' started by keith, Jan 9, 2015.

1. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    So all these villas have covered pools which is great and then they just seem to sort of merge into the rest of the area.... so there'll be some grass, bushes and perhaps a lake.

Is it ok to go wandering around? I mean I'm not talking about jumping in the lake or stepping around without watching what animals may be there, but is it ok to go for a walk because the thing is, that area can be behind other villas if you know what I mean?

What's the etiquette there?

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Retired
    We have seen several folk wandering around our villa area Keith. In fact on one occasion I saw a guy fishing in the lake close to our villa, although I think that strictly speaking this is against the rules.
    As there are many folks living in our community all year round then it`s not rare to see folks taking a stroll.
    You have to be a tad careful with the local wildlife though as you never know what is lurking in the grass or surrounding vegetation.

3. keith

Home Page:
    Thanks Terry! Good to know I'm not the only weirdo who fancies a wander round :lol:

4. Wendy

Wendy Administrator Staff Member Administrator

We often see people walking or running around the estate where we stay. Chris often goes for a walk around the "block".

I don't think I'd like to walk on the grassed areas though because of the fire ants, spiders and also any other creatures that might be in there :hide:

We often seen large birds wandering around the grass and in the roads, in fact I opened the door one day and there were 2 of them in the porch, boy did I close the door quickly :lol: We've only seen a racoon and her baby during daylight once but we often seen them when it's dark, they are really funny to watch. The same with the armadillos, seen a couple during the day but more at night.

Only once have we seen a gator, thankfully we were in the car at the time but I thought Chris was joking when he shouted there's a gator! It was after we'd had a really long heavy rainfall and Tink always says to be careful after heavy rain because everything moves to higher ground.

5. Isafari

Isafari Active Member

Sure, we have had a wander a few times. Also seen wildlife----raccoons, armadillo, opossum, a couple of snakes, various birds including the resident sand cranes. Last summer even a wild pig.
    On our way back at night, we always drive REALLY slow just to spot the local wildlife

6. Slowhand

Slowhand Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Retired
    That`s what I do now !
    A few years ago after a late night "on the town" with Ricardo I nearly hit a couple of wild boars that were crossing the road close to our villa. The chances are that due to their size and strength, they would have done more damage to my car compared to the damage I would have done to them! :lol:

7. keith

Home Page:
    jeez! and I thought seeing the Sand Cranes was impressive enough, they were massive!

8. Isafari

Isafari Active Member

what's sad to see with the Sand Cranes is folk feeding them. One morning when we came out, our 'neighbours' were feeding them iced doughnuts