1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Summary of Disney Magical Express changes - no more luggage tags for UK

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by eeyoreguy, Feb 20, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Effective February 10, 2009, Disney's Magical Express will mail only one luggage tag per person, as travelers are now flying with less luggage due to various changes on the airlines. If you need additional luggage tags, you can request them by contacting Disney's Magical Express at 866-599-0951.

Also, effective February 16, 2009, Disney's Magical Express will only mail the Airport Transportation Booklet and luggage tags to guests located in the United States and Canada. Disney's Magical Express section at www.disney.go.com will be updated to include a general information guide for those who do not receive the booklet in the mail.. If you are located in countries other than the United States and Canada you can still use the full extent of the Disney's Magical Express service, including the resort luggage delivery. You will receive all the pertinent information, including transportation vouchers, upon check-in at the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center. These vouchers are used for transportation to the resort and then back to the airport. You can either collect your luggage at Baggage Claim and it will travel with you on the motorcoach or you may have Disney's Magical Express collect the luggage and deliver it to your room. The luggage delivery time may take up to four hours to be delivered to the resort room.

Effective March 30, 2009, Disney's Magical Express will no longer offer luggage delivery service for arrivals to the Orlando International Airport after 10 p.m. Guests arriving at the airport after 10 p.m. will pick up their luggage at the baggage claim and take it with them to the Magical Express motor coach to their resort. This will allow late-arriving guests using Magical Express to have more immediate access to their luggage. Luggage delivery service will still be provided for Magical Express and Disney Cruise Line guests traveling to Walt Disney World for a resort stay who arrive on flights beginning at 5 a.m. until 10 p.m.

2. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

that's not fair!!!

3. loadsapixiedust

loadsapixiedust Earning my ears

So if I have this right you'd have to use the double bag drop then collect your luggage from the second carousel and take it to the DME desk where they will then give you tags, take it from you and deliver to your resort some hours later.

You'd be as well to take it onto the coach you travel on or am I missing something important.

Not so magical now then :(

4. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I've heard that you can still leave your luggage for them to collect. You'll go and check in with dme as usual where you'll show them your airline luggage barcoded receipt and choose from a "my suitcase looks like this...." list of cases :/ the DME staff will then collect it for you and enter it into the system as normal.

Sounds like yet more silly penny pinching to me :( if they really must save the postage, at least let us print out some luggage labels or SOMETHING

5. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I guess the magical part is that the service is still free at this point.

I imagine there will be a charge somewhere down the road......

6. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

we always rent a car but still think it's mean!

7. Val

Val Disney Secrets

I always preferred taking my luggage on the coach anyways. Pick the bags up at the first carousel and then take it with us to the main terminal and then down to DME and onto the coach. It really was no trouble and easier than trying to stay awake for bell services to deliver to the room later ;)

8. keith

hmnmm interesting point Val! I hate that second bag pick up but if we could just hang onto it, that would make sense.

Are there lifts and things the whole way?

9. Val

Val Disney Secrets

escalator up to the tram over to the main terminal, then a lift down to DME. so no issues there Keith.

10. keith

great thanks Val! :thumbsup:

11. katycoco

katycoco Imagineer

We are flying into sanford airport so disney dont offer this service anyway,

but its still unfair on both of these.

Kate

12. keith

In the event the lack of tags hasn't mattered to us at all although it's yet another thing the UK doesn't get much like the AP newsletter etc.

Still, it's been fine. We let them scan our luggage barcodes and everything works fine