1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

Summer Styles for D-Tech at Disney Parks

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There was once a time in my life that I didn’t carry any portable electronic devices. Today, however, it seems my electronic gadgets have become accessory items similar to socks or ties. Kevin-Michael Lezotte, Product Developer for D-Tech, and I were recently talking about an industry trend he’s seen where people are decorating electronic accessories to match outfits or moods. While I have trouble selecting which outfit to wear each day, I can understand this trend (I seem to frequently change my profile picture to match my mood). To help those who like to keep their technology well-dressed, Kevin-Michael gave me a look at some new summer “outfits” from D-Tech.

dte589434SMALL.jpg

The first items Kevin-Michael shared were new smart phone cases which arrive in July. He said the six different colored cases each with Mickey Mouse are an expansion of the D-Tech product line.

spa584334SMALL.jpg

We continue to expand the D-Tech line with new items such as the smart phone cases that have a metallic finish,” explained Kevin-Michael. “There are so many choices for technology, especially in the mobile phone market. I continue looking for ways to introduce D-Tech items to match the phones that guests are carrying.”

Bright colors and shiny objects were common themes with the new items coming in August. There are four new iPhone 4 covers made of thermoplastic polyurethane, a flexible material that wraps around the phone. Kevin-Michael also added some sparkle to a new case featuring Minnie Mouse (the Mickey Mouse case will arrive for the holiday season later this year).

bel584322SMALL.jpg

One of the items I can’t wait to wear is the smart phone belt clip case, which is also arriving in August. The case has one of my favorite details – a Mickey Mouse “world” icon (or is that a Mickey Mouse “world wide web” icon?).

The last item that Kevin-Michael shared doesn’t arrive until the fall, but I couldn’t wait to share the news.

pll584332SMALL.jpg

“Coming this fall, we will be introducing some limited edition D-Tech items,” said Kevin-Michael. “The first item will be a limited edition case for the iPhone 4 that commemorates the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. I know that some Disney fans like to have unique collectible items to show off, so limited edition cases seemed like a great way to go.”

The 40th Anniversary case will use the merchandise collage which I first discussed in February 2011. The case will have an edition size of 1971 (nice touch!) and will be released closer to the actual anniversary on October 1 (stay tuned for more details).

source disney park blogs)

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I will be getting the 40th anniversary one for my iPhone :taunt:

3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Is there something special about "40" :lol: :lol: