1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Summer Styles for D-Tech at Disney Parks

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

There was once a time in my life that I didn’t carry any portable electronic devices. Today, however, it seems my electronic gadgets have become accessory items similar to socks or ties. Kevin-Michael Lezotte, Product Developer for D-Tech, and I were recently talking about an industry trend he’s seen where people are decorating electronic accessories to match outfits or moods. While I have trouble selecting which outfit to wear each day, I can understand this trend (I seem to frequently change my profile picture to match my mood). To help those who like to keep their technology well-dressed, Kevin-Michael gave me a look at some new summer “outfits” from D-Tech.

dte589434SMALL.jpg

The first items Kevin-Michael shared were new smart phone cases which arrive in July. He said the six different colored cases each with Mickey Mouse are an expansion of the D-Tech product line.

spa584334SMALL.jpg

We continue to expand the D-Tech line with new items such as the smart phone cases that have a metallic finish,” explained Kevin-Michael. “There are so many choices for technology, especially in the mobile phone market. I continue looking for ways to introduce D-Tech items to match the phones that guests are carrying.”

Bright colors and shiny objects were common themes with the new items coming in August. There are four new iPhone 4 covers made of thermoplastic polyurethane, a flexible material that wraps around the phone. Kevin-Michael also added some sparkle to a new case featuring Minnie Mouse (the Mickey Mouse case will arrive for the holiday season later this year).

bel584322SMALL.jpg

One of the items I can’t wait to wear is the smart phone belt clip case, which is also arriving in August. The case has one of my favorite details – a Mickey Mouse “world” icon (or is that a Mickey Mouse “world wide web” icon?).

The last item that Kevin-Michael shared doesn’t arrive until the fall, but I couldn’t wait to share the news.

pll584332SMALL.jpg

“Coming this fall, we will be introducing some limited edition D-Tech items,” said Kevin-Michael. “The first item will be a limited edition case for the iPhone 4 that commemorates the 40th Anniversary of Walt Disney World. I know that some Disney fans like to have unique collectible items to show off, so limited edition cases seemed like a great way to go.”

The 40th Anniversary case will use the merchandise collage which I first discussed in February 2011. The case will have an edition size of 1971 (nice touch!) and will be released closer to the actual anniversary on October 1 (stay tuned for more details).

source disney park blogs)
  2. Britchick

Britchick Forum Host Forum Host

I will be getting the 40th anniversary one for my iPhone :taunt:
  3. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Is there something special about "40" :lol: :lol: