1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Sun screen in November

Discussion in 'General' started by Kate, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

Do you think factor 30 would be enough for a child in November? My dd who is 4 usually gets factor 50 slapped all over her in the summer here, but i was looking at the non-greasy ones in the supermarket this morning and they only go up to factor 30, do you think this will be enough? If not, can you get non greasy ones in Florida that are over a factor 30?

Thank you!
  2. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

We always use Factor 50 on our kids no matter what time of year it is, we got ours in Adsa, (Nivia sun) a spray one which comes out green, we don't find it greasy, have you looked at the one,
  3. Kate

I have looked at the green one - then put it down again! Doesnt it stain their clothes? I usually use the white one and on light coloured tops that stains!
  4. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

We use factor 50 whatever time of year it is.

Noticed in the stores over there that Coppertone do a factor 70 for children and also a factor 80 which claims to be sweatproof.
  5. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Neutrogena makes a very good sun block (Ultra). It goes on dry (spray or bottle) and is not greasy at all. I can't stand greasy sunblock. Coppertone is the "Grand Dame" of sunblock here. Their Water Babies for kids is just great.

There have been some studies done that show anything over a 30 doesn't make a difference. :unsure: We use 55. :shrug:
  6. lozzy

lozzy Addicted to Mickey

I didn't find it stained they clothes but we did spend a lot of time around the pool last year so I can't really say.
  7. Kate

Factor 80? Wow, thats high!!
    Maybe i will leave it till we get over there then - i have a little travel sized bottle of sunscreen that i can take for the first day, but we always pop into walgreens to pick up toiletries so i can get some in there!