1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Surviving Devon

Discussion in 'Non Disney Trips and Travels' started by Dawn, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

And of course you told him YES!
  2. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

I just typed out the whole of the trip home and hit the wrong button and lost it. :mad:
  3. Dawn

Last day. Starts with dog walking. This is the view the inlaws have from their house.

[​IMG]

The hills in the distance are Dartmoor.

[​IMG]

Cow

[​IMG]

Dogs walked, car loaded, picnic packed and we are off and driving just after 10am. Quick stop at the farm shop for sossidges and we're definitely on our way. All the way to Exeter services where we stop for drinks and to eat some of our picnic.

Motorway services stations are a real microcosm of British culture. :lol:

1. Business person who charges everything so gets the most costly lunch available.
    2. Holiday - get what you want but you only have £5 each.
    3. Us - pack our own food but buy hot drinks.
    4. In laws - pack own food and flask of coffee.
    5. Car opposite us - sets up little stove in car park and cooks lunch. :rofl:

Shortly after the stop we grind to a halt on the A30. Radio tells us of serious accident ahead and nothing moving until it clears.

[​IMG]

People get out of cars. Picnics come out. We chat to neighbouring drivers. Kids are out on the verge. I take the dog for a walk. :lol: All very Blitz spirit. :D Have to make a shady bit for dog too.

[​IMG]

It's well over an hour before we move again and about 3 miles up the road we pass a wrecked motorbike and a pile of shredded leathers. Very sobering...

We need a restroom break now.

Then as we hit Dorset the traffic slows again. Radio tells us of an accident up ahead - a car has hit a motorbike!!! WHAT!!!??? Don't these people look?

Through that one and a long time later we hit rush hour at Chichester. We were held up a bit in the New Forest by the Friday afternoon caravan exodus. :mad:

As we near Arundel the radio tells us of another accident up ahead. :eek: As we reach the scene we see why. Giant spiders have escaped and are causing chaos!!!

[​IMG]

That's it really. We started with a photo of Arundel Castle so here's one through the back of the car to end.

[​IMG]

Mostly we had a good time. The days out were awesome. The evenings were somewhat frustrating. Thanks to Teresa. :hug2: Thanks to Dr Chris for texting my olympic updates - inlaws don't do activity. I got through 4 books in 5 days.

:D

Now I'm off to my parents. Be back Saturday. :wave:
  4. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Have a good time at your parents hun.

Another awesome trippie!!

Next time you visit you won't remember anything to write in a TR other than the visit to the tattoo shop!!!
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Great set of trip reports Dawn. They brought back memories of our trip to Devon and Plymouth last summer. But we also learned something about these Mayflower Steps from a historian who was staying at our hotel. This is really NOT the place they departed from. The original steps are back from these aways and sit in front of a pub if I remember correctly. :p015:
  6. Dawn

Need to check my work shifts but I'll try and get back to you before Christmas. :D
  7. Dawn

Well we was close enough. :rofl:
  8. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for the trip report Dawn. :hug2: As always, lovely photos and an excellent read. :yes:

Do your inlaws only have one television then? Yes, that must be the case. :yes:

Well, problem solved! Give them one of the little 13" ones for Christmas. :yes: That way it can live in the guest room for when you next visit! :yes: :D
  9. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Ok... need to ask... what was that spider thingy?
  10. SleepinCatz

SleepinCatz Fluffeh Disney Fan

I love the pics!!! And I know what you mean about outlaws....Even Steve dreads going to see them lol. We don't stay long...a day if we can get away with it over night if we have too lol...However when we go to my Families...he loves it lol
  11. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Yep, that's what we said too.
  12. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

What a great report! I love all of the pictures too.

I know what you mean about outlaws.....I don't care for mine either and She makes far too many nasty comments about stuff as well :(