1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Suspicious package at Disneyland

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort News & Rumors' started by Dawn, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

A suspicious pipe was spotted at Disneyland Esplanade today which turned out to be a geocache. A less than sensible geocacher caused a partial closure of the park while security investigated and removed the object. :thumbsdown:

Surely this calls into question effectiveness of the bag search at the park entrance. :unsure:
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It does. The bag search is entirely and utterly useless, all it does is add wait time and hassle to all normal park goers whilst doing nothing tangible to enhance the security of the park. Let's face it, the search is hardly extensive. It isn't like they xray or anything like that.

I guess two perceived benefits for Disney, 1) it may give some people the appearance that they're more secure (but I'd argue that's daft, you want people to report things and be aware) 2) it acts like a pre-show in that it slows down the influx of guests towards the tickets and adds another chance for them to herd people in the direction of their choice.

High time they got rid IMHO
  3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

Just glad it didn't happen yesterday!

My DW's son and his wife there and Skyping us from in front of the Castle! :shocked:

Tom :)macwave:... he got the tickets for free. Lucky him!)
  4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I sat in LAX just last weekend and watched a man walk away from his attache case. No one at all seemed to notice or care. I sat there wondering if it was just an accident or if I should call security (I've done that once before). He did come back, but it was a solid ten minutes before he did.

Security? Nonsense.
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Maybe because, as a government employee, we have it drilled into us constantly, I would have notified either the desk agent or security right away.
  6. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

We've often said what a waste of time the bag search is, they seem to open the bags then poke a stick about and thats it!! the most extensive bag search we had was at aquatica and i think that was just to check we werent smuggling lots of food in! :lol: