1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Swan, dolphin or animal kingdom lodge?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by luvthemansion, Jun 28, 2009.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

Hi :) we have a few options for our next trip and were thinking of staying at the animal kingdom lodge. If we did, does anyone know if the savannah views are worth the extra money?

But I noticed we could get a swan or dolphin room for a bit less and wondered if theyd be better because theyre really close to epcot and mgm I think?

Anyone any ideas?

2. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I stayed at the Dolphin, but would give the Swan a go if the opportunity came. I loved being so close to DHS and Epcot. It was such a huge convienence.

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

They're all really nice but I guess that doesn't help you much :lol:

The animal kingdom lodge has some of the best theming anywhere. It has at least two good restaurants and possibly more now with the new villa bit.

It's a bit further out but that just means getting the bus instead of a boat/walk like many deluxes.

The swan/doplhin... the swolphin :D are great resorts too. They have a more convention feel rather than a disneyesque feel but they have great restaurants, a fantastic location and often really good value offers

Id say you'd love any of them so perhaps go on the best value

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

My personal favorite is AKL. For one thing it is a Disney Resort (EMH, charge to room, send packages to room etc.) For another the animals alone make it better for me.

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I got more of the convention feel at Dolphin as that's where the center was, but I had dinner at the Swan and only saw "disney" folks. I like the 24 hour food place at the dolphin, that's a rare find in WDW. After a long EMH I'm usually starved.

6. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

I've never stayed onsite but, I'd love to be able to afford a savannah view at AKL :yes:

7. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

same here :)

8. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

Having never stayed at any of them but have visited all three, I've never had the "Disney" feeling at the Swan or Dolphin. The location is great and it has a nice variety of food choices but I would go with AKL.

9. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I've stayed at AKL. I love that resort. We stayed in a pool view room and it was great. There are tons of places to see the animals that you don't necessarily need a savannah view.

I haven't been to the Swan or Dolphin but I would if there was a great deal. The proximity to Epcot and DHS is amazing!

10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

I would pick AKL over those other 2 .. just for the ANIMALS!! but of course, the theming, the restaurants and the pool are also very very nice

The only thing I dont like about AKL is that its very far away from everywhere, whereas the Swan and dolphin are very close to EPcot and HS....