1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

swan or dolphin resort?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by wishonastar, Oct 7, 2008.

1. wishonastar

wishonastar Imagineer

they all seem to have the same facilities and we can use the restaurants from either? so which one is best to stay in or does it just come down to cost?
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think Keith has stayed there. I've only ever visited, and had family who stayed at the ummmm...Dolphin, I think. :unsure:

I really think as with every resort, it's personal preference, which for me is heavily guided by cost. :D
  3. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

I stayed at the dolphin and would recommend the Swan. The dolphin was completely packed with the convention people...ALL the time. The Swan was more family oriented.
    They both have the wonderful beds though. :D
  4. Rosie0610

Rosie0610 Imagineer

I've stayed at the Dolphin 2x. I just love it. It depends what time of year you go if it will be packed with conventions. Typically in the Fall and Spring it gets packed.

I just love the lobby of the Dolphin. You can't beat it! But it is a little loud at times.
  5. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

Whichever one you stay at, you must try the Blue Zoo for a great dinner.
  6. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

The dolphin is a lovely hotel and Shulas and blue zoo are nice restaurants. The dolphin is a convention hotel so its tends to be busier than the swan.

They don't possess the disney theming but don't let that put you off as the location is fantastic. :p015: