1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Swan vs Boardwalk Inn - what would you choose??

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Debbie2, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

As you know we are having to change our plans/dates for this years trip.

Been re-pricing for September (wanted to do Xmas but DD won't go as has AS module exams first week of Jan and will need to revise over Xmas).

Both kidlets birthdays are in Sept and if we go before DD birthday will still be 16and classed as a teen rather than an adult. 14 friends and family are there then too celebrating a 60th, staying at Saratoga but we want EPCOT area.

Choices are Swan and Boardwalk. Boardwalk slightly more expensive but as Disney property will be able to do ADRs +10. Booking under the Disney 4 free nights offer currently available.

Anyone stayed at both - what would you choose??

Cheers
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I'm not a huge fan of the Boardwalk Inn for many reasons, but if the price is right I'd certainly stay there. :yes: We stay there when we want to be near EPCOT (FWF) and Beach Club is full. :yes:

Swan is a lovely resort too, but as you say if you need or want certain Disney things you can't get them or do them from there.

It really all comes down to cost for me usually. What costs the least and will provide me with the most! :D

3. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

I picked the BWI. Slightly more expensive but can ADR+10, charge to room and add my VH park voucher onto my room key. I have been in the BWI but not the Swan.

Also like the look of the rooms from what I have seen :)

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I think you'll be pleased with your choice. :yes: It can be a long walk to the room though (or so it seems for some odd reason) so ask about that at check in. You may want to be nearer an exit than not, that sort of thing.

The staff there is sporadic, particularly housekeeping. Keep and eye out and if you don't like the service, bring it to the attention of the front desk right off.

When you check in, if you like, you could mention that you won't want a departure morning call from housekeeping to see when you are leaving the room. :rolleyes: They may deny such things, but they do happen there and can be really annoying.

You will have quite a bit of fun enjoying the evening entertainment on the boardwalk. It's a leisurely way to enjoy a few hours. The little kiosks are fun too. There are some of the games most often associated with a midway, and kids tend to enjoy those. The ice cream shop is nice too.

All in all, I'm sure you'll have a grand time! :9:

5. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

Thanks, Tink...have noted your comments and feeling happy with my choice..just have to tell the hubby - he still thinks we are staying at the Swan :laughhard: