1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Swim with dolphins?

Discussion in 'SeaWorld/Discovery Cove/Aquatica' started by eeyoreguy, Jul 30, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Is that what discovery cove is about or is it seaworld? How soon do you have to book for this??

2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

You can view and feed the dolphins at SW but, DC is the place to go if you want to swim with them.

DC is an all day experience with the actual time spent in the water with the dolphins being about 40 minutes. This doesn't sound like much but, you'll never forget being pulled through the water by one of these friendly creatures. You get to do some interactions with your chosen dolphin such as waves, asking it to jump, show you it's belly etc. You are usually put into a group of around 8 people and given a time to be at one of the cabanas for a chat with a trainer before getting into the water. Photos will be taken on the day too....the dolphin kiss is always a favourite. You don't have to buy the photos (which come in singles or packages) but most people do as it is a treasured memory.

There are lots of other activities at DC such as swimming in the lazy river, snorkeling with thousands of tropical fish and wading with rays.

3. ukwdwnut

ukwdwnut Director of Recruitment Forum Host

if you go on the DC website there is a calender that lets you know the free days, if you get the ultimate swim it gives you tix to aquatica, sea world and busch gardens i think

4. Isafari

:p015: yep....with options of 7 or 14 days.
    About a month ago, I tried to book DC for our trip in December....I had about three days where we could go.....they were fully booked.
    So, Eeyoreguy, the sooner the better to book for DC if you're going at a busy time of the year.

5. ukwdwnut

last time i looked our dates in oct were all free, we were going to do it but now we arent, im gutted i sooooo wanted to swim with them :(

6. Isafari

one day, you will :p015:

7. ukwdwnut

yeah i spose but i wanted to do it with the kids and they arent going anymore for a while they want to go see other places

8. Isafari

It will be special if you and Denise do it...romantic

9. ukwdwnut

will see :D

10. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

It's BRILLIANT. I'd definatley reccomend it. We did it on my sisters 16th birthday and got her the birthday package.. a dolphin swam upto her with a buoy and a special message.
    Magical.

11. Catherine

Catherine Earning my ears

We have been to DC twice and loved it both times, infact the second time was the better visit. We had spoke to them prior to our visit about Connah as we did on our last visit, however this time just us 4 went into the lagoon alone, it was superb, Connah and Aimee got a little more time than usual. Overall a great day.

We did think about doing it again this time but opted for the Adventure Express Tour at Seaworld, with park admission it works out quite expensive but i am sure we will all enjoy it.

We fancy this year catching the fireworks too in the evening. Looking forward to it.

12. Jazmine

Jazmine Dancing Queen!

Mick if it`s just you and Denise going at some point you could try the Twilight package, that`s the one we did. the only difference is you wade with the dolphins rather than swim, they also give you goggles so as you can go underwater and watch them jumping it`s sooo cool, then of course you have the amazing dinner with around 50 desserts mmmm drinks all included, and we had a steel band ,also amazing servers they come to your table and take you up to dance etc, i would recommend it, a fab evening

13. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

forgot to say, the food is MAGNIFICENT. Seriously. I think I'd pay just for the food. Tip,though don't put your own sunscreen on, they provide you with dolphin friendly stuff on the Day. Also, make sure you put the cream on BEFORE the jackety thing. Mine shifted and I got burnt badly where I !thought! The jacket was covering, and it blistered. I had to wear vest tops for the rest of the gol because sleeves hurt me so much.

14. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I have always wanted to swim with the dolphins and I'd give anything to do DC for a day!! The problem is, it's so darn expensive for just a one day thing.