1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

switching resorts during a stay...complicated?

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by BigThunder, Oct 17, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Ok, I have a little time before I have to make this decision but...

for our July 2010 trip we are scheduled at BCV. The first 4 nights will be in a studio & then we switch to a 1BR for 6 nights. All in the same resort tho which we've done before & wasn't complicated at all, just took a little bit of time out of our day.

They had to do it in two reservations, one for the studio & one for the 1BR. So what I had originally planned on doing was switching the entire ressie to Boardwalk when the time allowed because we've never stayed there. December 11th is the first day I can call to change the studio, Dec. 15th for the 1BR. My concern is we may get the switch for the studio but when i call to do it for the 1BR we won't be able to. That would mean switching resorts. How does this work? Do we have to gather up our luggage ourselves & take it to the other resort or do they send it there for you? Is it a major pain because I don't want to waste the better part of a day having to do this.

My kids & husband prefer BC very, very much over Boardwalk so I should probably leave it alone anyway but I've always wanted to try BW so I'm really torn.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Mega Easy, we do this on every trip :yes:

Pack up, call bell services and tell them which hotel you're transferring to. Your bags will be waiting for you at the new resort usually some time in the midafternoon :)

Sometimes it'll go direct to your room, sometimes you'll have to call them to have it brought up

3. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Oh wow, could it possibly be that easy? lol. Keith, do we still have to go thru check in at the new resort or is it done automatically?

4. keith

regrettably so yeah :( you have to check in at the new resort as usual. Online checkin can help a LITTLE, kinda, but not much if I'm honest

5. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Well, I kind of figured you would. I may have to go thru that whole process even staying in the same resort. We did this once at OKW many years back & I can't remember much about it except that it really wasn't a pain at all within the same resort.
    Now I'm torn on what to do. I'd really like to experience Boardwalk & get it out of my system, so I may try it for the 4 nights & then just keep our BC reservations for the 6 nights & that way we can get a bit of both. :)

6. keith

we try a few resorts every time, three sometimes :) and it's just not a problem.

We just call bell services, they tell us to leave the bags in the room. We go out somewhere and return to the new resort. Checkin and voila :)

7. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Boy Keith you are making this sound awful tempting to me. Like I said, my husband & kids have never been impressed with BW but I've always wanted to stay there & usually I am too late making reservations or they get their way to stay somewhere else. This may be a good chance to get a little of both worlds & heck, look how close they are! lol We can walk to the other resort if we want to check in.

8. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

We changed resorts in Aug. We stayed at WL first and they came and got our luggage and switched it over to POR. All we had to do was check into POR which was no problem. It was very, very easy.

9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Do you want to stay at the BWV because you never have, is that it? I must say, BCV has it all over BWV. BWV are my very least favorite of all the DVC resorts. :sorry: The CMs there are not pleasant (some are down right rude) more so than any where else. The resort itself is shabby. The building has been plagued with problems since its construction (with shoddy materials and poor workmanship, the contractor has been sued).

I personally find the Clown pool horrible. :sorry: And I really don't like not having a restaurant in the resort. :( The cliche about the long halls are more than cliche, the walk seems interminable. :sigh:

I do understand though, if you've never stayed there, it's a lure to try it. We stay there only when we cannot get the BCV.

Oh, don't be lured to stay in a villa overlooking the boardwalk itself. All the sounds from the boardwalk float up into your villa. :sigh:

Sorry to be so negative. :sorry:

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I was wondering about the soundproofing of the rooms. We saw the rooms next to Jellyrolls and wondered if those people were kept up every night.

11. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

OH don't apologize, I want your honest opinion! I've never stayed there & that is part of the lure. And have stayed at BC I guess four times now? Even before we joined DVC there was something about BW that appealed to me. I actually love the pool, lol, tho I know the clown can be freaky. I love the decor of the lobby & all the other areas you can roam around in. I've never even seen a room, other than photos, so I'm not sure about walking distance & stuff like that. I don't like that there is no restaurant inside either because none of the ones on the boardwalk appeal to me. Also, I may be wrong, but isnt' the bakery the only thing similar to a food court there as well? I wouldn't want a room anywhere near the boardwalk due to the concern about noise.

I do love the BC, there is nothing about it not to love! lol. I'm going to have to give it some more thought I guess.

12. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Yes, the bakery would be the closest thing to a food court. You know what though? You'll need to try it yourself, eh? We didn't care for it, but LOADS of people love the place, so don't go by me.

You can order room service there, don't forget. I think that's kind of odd, room service with no restaurant, but hey... better than nothing! LOL.

13. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Clown Pool

*shudders*

14. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

LOL!
    I actually like the clown slide better than the slide at BC because I can't do the tunnel slides due to my claustrophobia. I did it once & felt like I couldn't breath (especially when I hit the part where the water comes over you like a fall!) & I have never done it again. The open slides I will do over & over as I can see the blue sky above :D

15. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Ah well of course!! That would be the difference between you and I! I don't get in the water AT ALL!! Water scares the wotsit right outta me...and then there are clowns...and then there is the BW pool, which craftily combines BOTH of these fears!!

All kidding aside though, as Johnie said earlier, we switched resorts last August and it was easy peasy mac and cheesy...I wouldn't hesitate to do it again for a moment!