1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

T-REX at DTD

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by BigThunder, Jan 14, 2009.

1. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

I'm still at WDW, waiting my turn to shower, but I had to come on here to say just how awesome this place is! I had no idea it was even there! We spotted it while walking the path from SSR over to DTD but didn't know what it was so we ate at RC. While there we saw a kid with a Build a Bear type box with a dinosaur & figured it was just a stuffed animal type place. Even at that the kids couldn't wait to get to this dinosaur place. But once we saw it we knew it had to be from the people at RC. The inside was AMAZING! The giant squid at the bar! The jelly fish! The animatronic dinosaurs! And most of all the Ice Room! So pretty. We are absolutely going to try to get that room when we go back (& we ARE going back, lol). I have no idea if the food is any good or not; I was told the menu is different that the RC menu. I will certainly let everyone know but if anyone is coming at least go & just walk thru the dining area, it's stunning!

2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

hey - it's great to hear from you! I hope you're all having a fabulous time! :yes:

3. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

:wave:

All the pictures i have seen look fab! Can't wait to hear what you think of it :D

4. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

ooo ooo ooo do you need to book or is it like RC?

5. Tink2

Tink2 Earning my ears

I'm glad you liked it as we're planning on going there for DD's 11th Birthday

You can book it and I think the number is is 407-828-8739 :wave:

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Becca, I and the girls went to T Rex in Dec. We had the appaetizer sampler and the brushetta was particularly amazing! Beeca and I also shared some sort of yummy chicken sandwich wrap. We were quite pleased with the food.

The decor is very cool too. I was surprised to not see any screaming kids. RFC tends to freak some out so I thought for sure the dinos would too.

As we were in the BAB part, I made the comment again about how I WISH I had thought of this. A man overheard me and said he wished that too! :tongue:

WE went around 11am on a Fri right before Christmas. The line to check in was long but we were seated very shortly after we checked in. For those who are members of the Safari Club, they will be accepting that sometime this year.

7. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

TRY THE COTTON CANDY MARTINI!!!! :D

8. Johnie

Oh yes, Becca really enjoyed the cotton candy martini :tongue:

9. Beccaberry

10. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

Ok, we ate there tonight! First of all it was packed. I mean PACKED!! Line down the walkway of people checking in. I'm not sure if you can do Priority Seating or not. Everyone I could hear in front of me was just registering as I was. They told me 20 minute wait, it was 30. But considering how insane the place was I was pleased with that. Also, we requested the Ice Cave so that may have caused it to go longer. The shopping area is, imo, only about 1/3 the size of RC shopping area so it was congested & impossible to move around so we had to go outside but there were no benches & you couldn't go far because you wouldn't hear your name called. We got the Ice Cave...may I recommend this room for everyone! It was just gorgeous turning from blue & then to pink during the meteor showers which were very cool & we were lucky to be seated where we could also see those. I also expected to see/hear screaming kids but saw none. They all seemed to just be in awe! I walked all around taking photos & if I can figure out how I will try to load some on this thread when I get back. Oh, look for the hidden Mickey on the giant squid at the bar ;)

I loved the menu, so many things sounded really good. I just ended up getting quesidillas (sp?) & my husband got some salad that was the biggest thing I've ever seen. Neither of us could finish what we had & we are big eaters, lol. I saw the cotton candy drink & it looked very tasty, hehe. We did get the gigantic desert for 4 tho I cannot remember what it's called. Really good deal actually as it's 4 pieces of chocolate cake with 4 scoops of icecream with whipped cream & butterfinger sprinkles for $14.99. My 10 y.o. hates cake & ice cream (& she came from me!) so it was just us three eating on it but it was well worth it. Of course then we had to walk back to SSR in the freezing with aching feet & upset bellys but overall we had a most excellent dinner & experience. I really recommend doing this especially if you have kids.

11. Johnie

You can make reservations now. I posted the number in another thread.

12. Beccaberry

Excellent review!! Can't wait to see the photos! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

Have fun!

13. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

I just want to go sit at the bar and drink some of those cotton candy martini's!

14. mutley1

mutley1 Earning my ears

Hi, not posted for a while, but I have just made a reservation for T-Rex for May this year and now I'm getting really excited and can't wait. The menu looks good and the setting looks fantastic. :bouncing:

15. disneydiva

disneydiva Earning my ears

where is this exactly? I just cant imagine it in dtd but definitely want to book it sounds great

16. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Oooo, I want to go too!

17. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

some trex photos

Attached Files:

18. tdclark7125

tdclark7125 Earning my ears

I've been to the one in Kansas City, and loved it, but my kids weren't with me. We have ADR's for T-Rex when go to Disney in March, and they're super excited. You can request a certain room or dinosaur when you call ahead as well. There's a fern room, if you/kids prefer plant eaters. :)

19. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

Great photos! Love 'ice" area, so cool.

20. Johnie

It's right by where the McDonalds is in DTD.