1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

tables in wonderland or the dining plan?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by luvthemansion, Feb 7, 2011.

1. luvthemansion

luvthemansion Imagineer

I was asking people about the dining plan when someone suggested forgetting that and doing tables in wonderland but I dont really know what it is or what benefits it gives us? I cant see much on the disney website either :( anyone have any clues?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

You have to be either a Florida Resident or Annual Passholder to obtain the Tables in Wonderland card. With it you receive 20% off of food and drink at MOST of the Disney restaurants and bars/lounges, including the food courts (POR is an exception but not POFQ). In the restaurants and bars/lounges that accept it there is an automatic 18% tip added. It costs $75 per year.
  3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

As John says it's a great little card with saves 20% on just about everything, alcohol included which is a rarity for Disney discounts!

It used to be that you could pay whatever gratuity you felt fit, now most places will add 18% on automatically if you use the card and some, like V&A, will add 20%.

So nowadays we just consider it a way to prepay all our tips for $75 per year. It's less exciting to think of it that way but it certainly saves a lot of money whilst taking away the "how much do we tip" issue.

I guess we think of the dining plan as a way to prepay our meals versus the tables in wonderland card which prepays our tips.
  4. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

How do you go about getting one of those TIW cards? :unsure:
  5. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Terry we normally pick ours up at the Guest Services in DTD, but you should be able to get them at your resort I would think, and if not then any other Guest Services.