1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Take me on a trip I'd like to go some day, Take me to New York 2008 - Day One

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Steven, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

The name comes from.. I was addicted to Estelles song , American Boy before I went away. We played in work and I'd sing it and my mates used to say just because your off to NY!! Ha ha.

Some background on the trip.
    Bought a timeshare in Orlando last year at Orange Lake country club, after staying there in 2007. So we booked a 1 bedroom condo for me, and my two parents. We booked the flights with First choice on the 31st of May last year, so way in advance. Got a crap deal though.. Should of gone elsewhere but hey ho! Few months later.. I thought it would be cool to look into NY , so I did some research.. and found an amazing deal on Expedia! ( Think £222 for 3 nights HILTON and flights from Orlando to Newark , each!) So mother gave me her plastic and bam it was booked! ( With no hitch too.. Thought id of made a booby with it!)
    So after months of planning... With ADR's @ Ohana, Crystal palace ( Cancelled) , California grill ( Cancelled) , Le cellier mmmmm , and House of blues. We also booked the Pirate and princess party for our second week.. After New York. Our tickets insisted of 14 day ultimate Disney and the 5 park Orlando flexiticket , 14 days.

Now on with the show...

This isn't going to be very word filled, just pictures.

May 10th 2008

Flights were with First choice who were great. Really nice crew who sorted a veggie meal out for me. Ordered one back in May 2007!!!! Nice steward found me one, and later found me a sandwich for the snack before we landed.

Manchester airport.
    [​IMG]

Watched my favourite film enchanted on the plane - Which of course got me excited for New York next weekend! That bloomin' fish game is so addictive.

Sanford airport and our hire car. Oh and me! We upgraded to a deluxe I think?
    [​IMG]

Lake Jesup
    [​IMG]

Brand new Golden Corral on the old Water Mania site in Maingate East. It opened the day before we came home.
    [​IMG]

View from the balcony at River island at Orange lake.
    [​IMG]

My bedroom!
    [​IMG]

Sunset from my window
    [​IMG]

Hallway at River island.
    [​IMG]

Next was Downtown disney - We had an ADR at 10pm at the House of blues. Fab place and great food!
    [​IMG]

Burger
    [​IMG]

Cornbread
    [​IMG]

Then it was off to walmart to stock up just before bedtime! Day 2 to follow soon..
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Isn't the cornbread at HoB delicious!? :yes:

Did you know that Lake Jesup has the most alligators of any body of water in Florida? :eek: I used to park at the edge and watch them, while waiting for one of the facilities that I was inspecting to open up for the day. Scary. I love all the birds that you can see while driving over that bridge though. :yes:
  3. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

:eek: :eek: