1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

taking food on the plane?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by disnut, Apr 27, 2009.

1. disnut

disnut Imagineer

We really really hate the food on the flights and this time we're thinking of taking a bit of a hamper :lol: well ok nothing that special but sandwiches and things

is this even possible now with security and if so what would you take?

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

For domestic flights only, I have taken anything that can be kept without refrigeration (as ice packs aren't allowed unless you are carrying something like insulin) and that isn't liquid over 3 ounces.

So, all that to say, dry foods, some fruits, things like that. I would imagine that anything you bring would have to be consumed prior to landing/disembarking or thrown away if not consumed. All those agricultural laws and the like.

I'd call the airlines prior though, to be sure there were no special restrictions given international travel. :yes:

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Just remember the restriction on liquids. Sandwiches and stuff are fine but you cannot bring fresh fruit and veg into the US so any leftovers have to be left on the plane.