1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

taking laptops through MCO?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by eeyoreguy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

We did this last year but apparently there are now stricter rules and taking laptops can cause problems? is that true?

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Imagineer

I've just got back and didn't experience any differences between security last year and this year. :) I always take my laptop for storing piccies.

3. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

I always take mine too and no problem

4. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing you have to do is remove the laptop from the case and place it in a bin by itself. Good idea to have the battery charged, in case you're asked to turn it on.

I believe the TSA has the right to search and/or confiscate laptops or other electronic devices. Never have had any issues to date--I've never even been asked to turn mine on!

Remember, the TSA is like Disney in many ways--they reserve the right to do many things that rarely are done.