1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Taking luggage on the magical express bus

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by AKLnut, Mar 4, 2009.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

Is it possible to take our luggage on the magical express bus to the resort? I remember being told it wasnt because it was all or nothing but if we dont get tags any more I want to keep my luggage with me

2. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

Yep, I do it all the time as I don't want to wait for my luggage :D

3. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Here's a link to recent information posted about DME.

Your information is buried in the second paragraph.

Just removed the link--it wasn't working. Give me a moment and I'll copy & paste the information.

Posted by eeyoreguy in Transportation & Travel

Effective February 10, 2009, Disney's Magical Express will mail only one luggage tag per person, as travelers are now flying with less luggage due to various changes on the airlines. If you need additional luggage tags, you can request them by contacting Disney's Magical Express at 866-599-0951.

Also, effective February 16, 2009, Disney's Magical Express will only mail the Airport Transportation Booklet and luggage tags to guests located in the United States and Canada. Disney's Magical Express section at www.disney.go.com will be updated to include a general information guide for those who do not receive the booklet in the mail.. If you are located in countries other than the United States and Canada you can still use the full extent of the Disney's Magical Express service, including the resort luggage delivery. You will receive all the pertinent information, including transportation vouchers, upon check-in at the Disney's Magical Express Welcome Center. These vouchers are used for transportation to the resort and then back to the airport. You can either collect your luggage at Baggage Claim and it will travel with you on the motorcoach or you may have Disney's Magical Express collect the luggage and deliver it to your room. The luggage delivery time may take up to four hours to be delivered to the resort room.

Effective March 30, 2009, Disney's Magical Express will no longer offer luggage delivery service for arrivals to the Orlando International Airport after 10 p.m. Guests arriving at the airport after 10 p.m. will pick up their luggage at the baggage claim and take it with them to the Magical Express motor coach to their resort. This will allow late-arriving guests using Magical Express to have more immediate access to their luggage. Luggage delivery service will still be provided for Magical Express and Disney Cruise Line guests traveling to Walt Disney World for a resort stay who arrive on flights beginning at 5 a.m. until 10 p.m.