1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

!!! Tax Season is O-VER !!!

Discussion in 'Birthdays and Celebrations!' started by Taja, May 4, 2009.

1. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Okay, technically it was over at 11:59 p.m. on April 15th, but in public accounting it continues for several months. For me, it continued through May 1st. I may still do a few tax returns, but I'll primarily subcontract just service work for the rest of the year. That's business accounting--primarily small businesses--for those outside the loop. :lol:

What has been happening since I've been away? I think the last time I managed to use a computer for something other than business was the morning of April 11th! :eek:

I've poked through a number of threads, but it's going to take a while to catch up with everyone!

Phoenix officially registered two days of 100 degrees or more in April. Thankfully, not together! This week we're supposed to have three or four days of 100+ degrees--not looking forward to that. Everyone I talk to says the same thing--not ready for it yet! :lol: Overall, we've had a lovely spring--although I did have some weeds that were about 4 feet tall! I managed to keep most of them under control, but some really grew this past two weeks or so.

And congratulations to my BFF, Leu! She is Employee of the Year in her school district! :applaudit: She's had to deal with a bear of a supervisor this year, so I think she had some sympathy votes in addition to those saluting her outstanding work! :) She was assigned to an elementary school (the one her children attended) this year, and many of the parents told the administrators that this was the first year their children wanted to eat in the cafeteria! All due to Leu! :D

We're considering a low-budget ladies only trip to Las Vegas in mid-June, just after she finishes the school year. Nothing booked yet, but we're looking for low rates at resorts in good locations where we feel comfortable. We'll probably decide in the next few days. :thumbsup:

2. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

yahooo! welcome back :wiggle:

congratulations to Leu, Employee of the Year - wicked! :yes:

3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Isn't it a great feeling to be past a major work load? :yes: I was wondering where you were and how you were doing!

Super congratulations to your BFF!!! What a huge honor that is! :yes:

Nothing huge to catch you up on here. No new babies (yet) :D or things like that. :D Daveann has moved into her new and beautiful home. :yes: There is a thread with photos for you to see. :yes:

Take care now and welcome home! :D

4. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Oh Taja!! I know you're thrilled to put the tax season behind you!! Well done you :hug2:

Now for a bit of R&R :) (low budget or otherwise) Have you been on a girls only to Las Vegas before? If so, what do you enjoy doing?

Massive congratulations to Leu!!! That is just AWESOME!!

5. foreverducky

foreverducky Addicted to Mickey

That's awesome about Leu! It's always sign to be recognized for great work and a job well done! :D

Another year down Taja, but many many more to go. ;)

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

Whew....time to wind down a bit! Congratulations for making it through another tax season! And Congratulations to Leu as well!!

A Las Vegas trip sounds like lots of fun!!

7. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

Many times, Becca. It's a convenient location to meet one another without the responsibilities of home! If we visit one another at home, we always end up working on the houses more than relaxing. :rolleyes:

Last LV visit was spring 2006 for us, but Leu & Grandpa Sweetie celebrated their anniversary there in 2007. Very unusual for them, but someone gave them tickets to one of Celine Dion's last performances at Caesars--plus free airfare! All they had to spot was lodging and food--or any other entertainment! :)

It's going to be an interesting trip. City Centre, which was just getting under way when we visited in 2006, cucrrently is on hold. It's between Monte Carlo and Bellagio, for anyone familiar with the area. Neither of us has been in Planet Hollywood since it converted from the Aladdin--although I was there during the conversion. And both of us want to visit The Palazzo (sister resort of The Venetian) and Encore (sister resort of Wynn). Leu hasn't visited the Stratosphere yet, so that's on the possibilities list. She isn't missing much, but I won't tell her that! :lol: Beyond that, we're going to kick back and be lazy! :D

We're going to be staying at Excalibur, which is under renovation. We'll be in a renovated area, so disruptions should be minimal. The pool area recently reopened after a major rehab, but that wouldn't affect us one way or the other. The "renovation" part made it very affordable, although the rates change frequently. It's been as high as $89 per night for a renovated room to as low as $40 per night! Crazy! Guess which rate we have? :unsure: :D