1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

taxi or towncar?

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by AKLnut, Oct 11, 2008.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

Hi - last time we were out there we spent a fortune on mears taxis going to malls and seaworld. My question is, is there a cheaper taxi company than the yellow mears cabs that disney use or is it cheaper to use towncars instead?

2. Taja

Taja Earning my ears

I'm not sure if towncars actually are cheaper most of the time--at least for short distances. The main advantage is it's a set fee, where taxis charge by the mile plus time. So if you're stuck in traffic, the fee can increase quickly.

I would think it would be advantageous to look into the cost of a towncar for trips to places such as SeaWorld and the malls. The disadvantage is having a set time to return--you can't just spontaneously leave early or stay longer.

For towncar services, check into Tiffany and Quicksilver. They're the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Or search for towncar services in Orlando, FL.