1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

taxis or towncars

Discussion in 'Transportation & Travel' started by buzzchamp, Jan 1, 2009.

1. buzzchamp

buzzchamp Imagineer

Hi :thumbsup: does anyone know how much taxis cost from orlando airport to pop century?

Are towncars cheaper and can we book them for excursions to shopping centres? Any recommendations?
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

hmmmm I think town cars are actually slightly cheaper than cabs for "defined" runs like airport and back. Bargain for about $70 each way or $125 if you book a return (ish) + tip.

Watch out, some town car companies will say "no extras" then charge you 20% extra on the listed price for your gratuity. Bit of a rip off if you ask me because then you're in the awkward position with the driver who often looks like he/she wants a tip even though you've prepaid it at a very generous rate!

Nevertheless, given that Orlando taxis are now charging a $1 per trip fuel surcharge on airport journeys + they've put all their prices up :/ a town car can work out more predictably and offer you a grocery stop etc.

You CAN book town cars for other trips too, how much they charge varies and I've found them less competitive often for such trips added to which you have to arrange a time with them to pick you up rather than just walking out of the mall and grabbing a cab.

I tend to use http://www.tiffanytowncars.com/ They've always been there for me on time, cheaper than the others etc.