Television calibration

Discussion in 'Gadgets and Gizmos' started by Deafjeff, Mar 10, 2016.

1. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    wow great review thanks Jeff... I was looking at the C7 or W7 myself and the oppo player is getting great reviews too.

Interesting you like the calibration, I may have to put my bias behind me and try it !

2. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Well-Known Member

Training and Development Manager
    The difference is quite massive... it removes all the blue tint and now when I watch tv that has not been calibrated it looks so ‘cold’ whereas when it calibrated it’s looks much more warmer. I didn’t like it at the start as looks too ‘dark’ now it just looks so natural.

The person I’ll also calibrate Dolby Vision and HDR-10 so should see what the film studio intended for us to see.

we went to richer sound to compare B6 and C7 and the different is quite amazing. The details were more on C7. We weren’t impressed with Sony OLED. The motion wasn’t good.

If you do get C7 I’ll share you some setting that has been recommended by our calibrator. (AV Forum)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Deafjeff

One good thing about LG oled 2017 range all of the display is the same regardless. The difference is design/speakers etc whereas 2016 range some tv have different chips etc

4. keith

keith Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    yeah I noticed that, display panel and SOC chip all the same in every model.... I've been coming AVforum and all the 2017 LGs look great. Is the Onscreen stuff really nice and fast because nothing annoys me more than crashes or slow on screen apps/menus

5. Deafjeff

Super fast! It’s Web 3.0 which is much better than 2.0 and it has Dolby Vision demonstration which updated every so often. However it won’t handle HDR + if that’s important to you.