1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Tell me about Halloween at the parks

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World' started by Isafari, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

We always go to Florida over the Christmas and New Year period which we absolutely love.
    However, a member of WDisney Secrets sent me a copy of some Halloween footage a while back and I must say....the MK parade looks brilliant?

What else is going on at this time of year.....SW/US/BG too....as I've heard that US is actually quite scarey for halloween:shocked025:

Are there any stage shows?

2. karrie

karrie Earning my ears

didnt do US but did do MNSSHP wowser what a night! got bucket loads of free candy to!! The parade and Hallow-Wishes fireworks were just stunning aswell. Would recoment it to anyone

3. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

food and wine festival:yes:

4. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

MNSSHP is fantastic - the fireworks and parade are the best :yes: Stitch does a show in Cosmic Rays with dancing with the characters and they have dance parties with Cinderellas mice as well. They have a villain mix and mingle in front of the castle and you get to see characters you don't usually like the Big Bad Wolf, Malificent, Jafar etc. Oh and Tarzan usually 'hangs out' in Adventureland - normally quite a big queue for him :wink:

I love the Food and Wine Festival - I'm sure Epcot is going to feel really bare to us next year as we go in August.

Wouldn't dare go to Universal Horror Nights! BG had something going on along the lines of Universal as well as we saw them setting up but I don't do scarey. :lol:

5. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

our first trip without kids will be to the food and wine festival! i've done it once before with a friend but dh hasn't

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

There is no way at all, you couldn't even pay me, to attend US Horror Nights. :eek: Way too much gore for me. :(

There is Trick or Treating at DTD too. :yes:

7. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

I love love love love Halloween at Disney! I have never been to US, so I can't help there. Dh and I went to MNNSHP and we just had a blast. We even dressed up (Dh got a new Jack Skellington hat while at DTD, so I didn't have to twist his arm too much), and felt so much a part of the party. We went trick or treating which was super fun, got our free picture done, and spent lots of time with the characters all dressed up. The fireworks were special and we loved the Halloween parade. I love that you can go to the park during the day and then come back at night and it all looks so different. One of the best things was the short lines for the rides. I think Dh and I did all the rides during the party that we would never wait in long lines for during the day. We did the teacups, dumbo, and snow white. All the rides we would pass over due to the 30-40 minute wait. Most we walked right on. So anyway long story short (hmm..we need the blushing smilie please :) ) we love Halloween at Disney and you should go!!

8. Tink2

Tink2 Earning my ears

We're going to our first ever MNSSHP this September. We've been to a MVMCP but DD was ill and we had to leave at about 8pm :( but we did the Pirates and Princess last summer and that was so much fun that we can't wait to see what the Halloween party is like.

9. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

We did US halloween last year.. OMG it was the biggest wildest laugh ever! It is NOT for little kids, some adults DO drink but we had no trouble and the shows are scary! You'll be walking along when suddenly you'll get chased by a guy in a mask carrying a loud chainsaw! You go to buildings that are made up like scary themes ie one will be clowns another will be done up to represent Nightmare on Elm Street... you walk thru these buildings and people jump out at you when you least expect it... very very funny but wear underwear lol... and take a spare pair! The lines are horrendous but you can get in quicker by buying a faster line pass, forget what it's called... My goth teen LOVED it, she's into gore and stuff whereas I wet meself laffing so hard. The security people killed themselves laughing at me screaming my head off! It definitely ISN'T abit like the Disney one.

10. Tink

:scared004: Not me! Not me!

11. Isafari

Oh my....I didn't realise the Food and Wine festival wa at the same time! That's a double bonus for that time of year then.

That sounds so wonderful.....do you have any photos of this Lisa?

That sounds interesting too Tink:p015:

That really really interests my warped little mind! I love scary stuff.....I'd scream a lot too but I'd also want to go back for more :confused::lol:

12. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

I'll have a go at uploading some photos Diane :yes:

13. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

MNSSHP has the best parade. It's lots and lots of fun. It's my favorite of the hard ticketed events. However, I love the fireworks for the pirate and princess party better. It's lots of fun to dress up and go trick or treating too. You can see some really elaborate costumes but I don't go all out since it is usually so hot when we go. I've been a Mouseketeer for several years now :lol: I've been a pirate once as well.

14. Figment

Figment Imagineer

We love MNSSHP! Our last two trips have been during October so we could attend. We're going to miss it this time.:(

One of the things I love is being able to talk Jordan into costumes that he'd never be caught dead in at home.:bounce022:

Last trip (2006), he was Pinnochio:

[​IMG]

During the parade, the real Pinnochio stopped and did a double take when he saw Jordan.:shocked025:

15. Tink

That was such a great costume! I know I say this every time I see a photo of Jordan, but he is such a handsome boy! :yes:

16. Isafari

That is a great costume figment :yes:

17. MinnieMouse

MinnieMouse Earning my ears

I loved MNSSHP. It was a great night, good fun and amazing fireworks. I was like a big kid going around trying to find more candy !!!!

On our way out of MK the cms were giving everybody big handfuls of candy. I definitely had my chocolate fix for the day or even the whole year !!!!

Its a great night and highly recommended. :tiggersblinkie:

18. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

Hi Diane,

We went to MNSSHP last October. We ate in Crystal Palace (if I remember rightly) first and met Pooh, Piglet etc etc which was loads of fun & then hit the party!
    It is pretty busy, lots of people but not many lines we went on loads of rides that we'd missed on previous visits because of the length of the lines. Bonus!
    The Trick or Treat (Candy) Stations are cool also & lots of the CM's get into the spirit of the evening as well.
    We loved the shows & the fireworks are awesome but you need to find a good spot as there are LOTS of people! We watched from the bridge going into Tomorrowland. Some of the costumes are brilliant (we didn't dress up but didn't feel out of place).
    I loved the theming, as always fantastic.
    I was a bit wary at first paying to go back in to MK etc etc but it was a wonderful night. We were all extremely shattered by the time we got home mind you 12.30 or 1am I think!
    Hope that helps
    Sarah X