1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Tell me about the Gaylord Palms

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Disneybumble, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Just "Imagine":whistle: you were going to Orlando for 6 days in earlyish November,before Thanksgiving.
    And you wanted a little bit of luxury as it's only the 2 of you going. Would the Gaylord be a good choice. I have read about the hotel and it seems great. A selection of good food and bars.
    Because maybe if you were going and were only going to Disney for 2/3 of those six days, the Gaylord would be a nice place to stay.

2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

It's a really nice hotel IMHO

It feels pretty huge, lots of bars as you say and some nice restaurants too. The main internal courtyard has lots of little shops and cafes around as well as a stage where they put on little shows. Some rooms have balconies which open up out onto this courtyard which would seem pretty cool.

There's also a sort of middle bit which was all leafy and had alligators and things in :D

It's never been perfect for us because we don't hire a car but I certainly like the rooms and the design of the hotel

3. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

cor yeah, just imagine that! :D

4. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

I've not stayed, only been to explore and have dinner. It is a very nice place. It's in a weird location in that the view will be either I4 or cows... :unsure: so there is nothing to recommend it there, but then are you going for the view? :D

If the rates were decent I'd give it a try. :yes:

On the other hand, if I were to spend some time in Orlando with only part of it going for Disney, I'd probably want to stay at the Peabody. :D (Not right now though as it's under some sort of construction and that is never the ideal time to visit a hotel).

5. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

View wise, if you could get one of those rooms that looked INSIDE the hotel, I think they were kinda cool :D

We did find the taxis they used outside were of the more expensive type relative to the mears yellow cabs.

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

You pay for parking too. :yes:

Yes, the atrium view would be preferable to any other there. :D

7. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

The Peabody is another one l might!!!! have looked at. We (cough cough) are just looking around at the moment. Have found a great deal on both of them but we are undecided. We will have a car and l am aware that at both hotels we pay for parking. It's up in the air but having driven by "The Lord" every day in 2006 ,it was one of those places where l said "one day l will stay in there". Well that and the GF and that is way to much.
    Thanks Keith and Tink ,l will keep you posted.:tongue: