1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

tell me about the hard rock hotel

Discussion in 'Resorts, Hotels, DVC, Villas' started by Britchick, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

ds and dd will be 16 and 11 1/2 and i was thinking that this would be the best hotel to stay in for one night to take advantage of the FOTL passes.

my two will not be able to share a bed then for obvious reasons and they are way too wriggly for us to share with- are there any other types of rooms other than 2 doubles without being absolutely stupid money wise?

thanks

2. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

You'll have a yabbadabbadoo time!... oh sorry that's bedrock.... not hardrock...

3. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

Oh god when will I grow up?......... looks in mirror...... and sees no sign of it happenin' anytime soon! :D

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

don't ever grow up babe, we love you the way you are..........and anyway it provides top cover for me:point:

5. Mags

Mags Serious Forum Regular

I dont want to put a dampener on things but I seriously hated the HRH. I knew within minutes of walking through the door that I wouldnt like it. I should have guessed that the clue was in the name but nothing prepared me for the rock music playing every minute of every hour!! It was everywhere except the corridors and rooms.
    Still the music was the least of my worries as when we arrived the room and especially the bathroom had not been cleaned properly. There was paper on the bathroom floor as well as hair (no not from someone's head!). The furniture was heavily chipped and the pool view was non existent. We were in a corner room looking over a dripping drainpipe. I just longed to escape back to the Royal Pacific. There was also nowhere peaceful to get breakfast except the small noisy ice cream parlour. Can you tell how much I disliked it? I really really did.

Margaret

6. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

sorry you had a bad experience Mags. We stayed in the portofino and loved it before - i would like to stay there but just thinking of the kids really.

7. Mags

I know it is different horses for different courses britchick but I did it for my two teens. They didnt like it either. I know I am in the minority though.

Margaret

8. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

but you liked the royal pacific though? sell it to me:yes:

9. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Imagineer

Me and Alan hated HRH but the kids loved it. The room we had damp sheets on the bed and chipped furniture. We all loved the pool though and spent a lot of time there and of course FOTL was a god-send :thumbsup:

10. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

I have not stayed at HRH just because the pics of the rooms seem so bland to me. We've stayed numerous times at Royal Pacific and LOVE it there!! It's also usually the cheapest of the three so that is a plus too. We've stayed at Portofino once and it was ok. I really like RPR better.

11. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

really Johnie? why did you like it more?

12. Johnie

Just the whole ambiance. It's like an upscale Polynesian. I love the little frogs on the walkway in. I love the elephants in the lobby. The rooms are very nice. I've had nothing but impeccable service from everyone there. I love the little water taxi.

Portofino was nice too but our water taxi driver couldn't park the boat to save his life. I swear that has colored the whole experience for me :tongue:

13. Debbie2

Debbie2 Speedy!

HRH for us one night this year - DH and DD are music mad so they chose it - I would have picked one of the others but only staying for FOTL access 2 day/1 night and then back to WDW :)

14. Mags

Hi there Nicki! I didnt know you stayed at the HRH. Unfortunately for us we were there during those four awful days of rain so that didnt help. I did find the rooms totally unexciting - yes, bland would be a good word.Chipped furniture seems to be a problem then! :yes: RPR on the other hand is just luxurious. It has a lovely Polynesian feel to it and is peaceful and quiet. The Islands dining room is a wonderful venue for a snack or buffet breakfast. I love the place!

Margaret

15. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

well with it being 1 night then i think we will go for RPR, not much time to do much anyway lol

16. Johnie

Do you have AA (AAA in the US)? remember you can get good deals using them. You have to call them directly to get it though.

17. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

no but i will do next year, thanks for reminding me!!

18. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Imagineer

That's another thing we didn't like about HRH the food choices, ended up just having coffee and pastries for breakfast.
    Think we'll be trying RPR next time, I've heard so many good reports on it :)

19. Johnie

We've only had breakfast at the Islands but it was quite nice. In busier times, they have a buffet. And you can also order from the menu.

20. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

for Jon and I breakfast is coffee, the kids have cereals only. We tend to get up and go lol