1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Tell me everything about DisneyLand Paris :)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort Paris' started by keith, Jan 11, 2014.

1. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

ok well everything may be a stretch LOL but It's crazy that Disneyland paris is so close and we keep meaning to go but stuff gets in the way

Our negativity tends to come from the odd quote we've got from travel agents where going to DLP for a week cost as much as florida for two weeks! Surely we must be doing something wrong

So, what are we missing and whats the best way to experience dlp?

2. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Well i've only been once and it was quite busy, jt was October half term. I would really like to know when a quiet period is. I think one of the cheapest ways to go is organise it yourself. It's not too far of a drive from Calais so I would drive and stay somewhere like the Kyriad- Caitlin stayed there on a school trip and said it was nice and there is a free breakfast buffet that is supposed to be quite good.

keith likes this.
  3. keith

see I QUITE Fancy staying onsite there for the first time, see if that helps the experience but I've no idea about the hotels there! Compared to how much I know about Orlando it's crazy how LITTLE I know about paris given it's 30 mins away by plane :lol:

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

i would love to stay in the Disneyland Hotel but when i've looked it's been crazy expensive - i see Paris as a stop gap and don't want to spend too much on it...

5. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

I just priced up a 2 night package with flights (which are the same price if not cheaper than Eurostar) midweek in November and it's £1600- that's the flights to Florida..

6. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Umm....I know it's in France. :D

BevW and Tony G like this.
  7. keith

see that's exactly the problem I have :/ but surely we're missing something or else why does anyone ever go there?

8. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

because they think it's the same as WDW but nearer? or they can't afford the extra and it's better than nothing

9. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

It's very pretty! I haven't been for quite a few years now but I wouldn't choose to go in the school holidays or at weekends if I could help it! I know the October half term we went was ridiculously busy and with the culture there of no queuing and everything a free for all it was a bit of a nightmare!! It may well be more controlled now though.

10. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

We've stayed onsite at DLP, it was about 15 years ago. We caught the Eurostar straight to the park and then checked in at the Sequoia Lodge. It wasn't bad, not the same quality as WDW hotels and it included a free continental breakfast.

We could walk to the Parks and it took probably 10 - 15 mins. When we walked in I was shocked at how small the castle was compared to Cinderella Castle.

The cast members weren't as friendly, some of them were actually rude and if you didn't speak French then they couldn't be bothered with you. All the shows were in French and we had to wear headphones which we found really weird. The worst part for me was that everywhere you went people were smoking, in the lines, in the restaurants, waiting at meet and greets, it really was horrible. Not that they liked to wait in lines or at meet and greets, it was a case of who could push their child through first, it was like a rugby scrum.

It cost a small fortune for food and snacks and I came away feeling quite sad that Disney had allowed the Park to be this way.

Obviously since then it has changed but I have this initial memory and with it being so expensive, I don't think I would ever try it again.

I don't know how much it cost to go because we took the girls when they were a lot younger, their dad broke his back so their mum and dad couldn't go and we went in their place.

11. Tony G

Tony G Serious Forum Regular

I've been once. My sister went back and swore she'd never go again.

It just lacks that Disney atmosphere - like Wendy has said, the cast members can be rude. I found the same with a lot of the guests who pushed their way to the fronts of queues.

Being a vegetarian, I had a nightmare trying to find food to eat.

Unless the rumours are true and Disney is planning to buy it back, I won't visit again, especially considering how expensive it is.

12. robertcraig

robertcraig Serious Forum Regular

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    I like the Florida weather

13. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

You can however drive and stay very close for 2 adults for £600, that is without fuel but includes tickets bed and breakfast and tickets off season for 2 nights. Still pretty expensive I guess.

14. piglet

piglet Serious Forum Regular

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel quite a few years ago. I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back. There doesn't seem to be any real organisation, no proper queuing just a big free for all. People smoking everywhere, CMs not particularly friendly and very, very expensive. Oh and another big setback is the weather, it doesn't seem to be a lot different from England and I love the Florida sunshine

15. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Thanks for this thread.....I just priced up for 4 days in August with an offer they have on, and it would have been about £1300, which for there, in the holidays, doesn't seem so bad. We've been once, about 12 years ago, and it was ok - then we won that trip last year and were unable to go. This thread has reminded me that perhaps it's not such a great place to visit :lol:

Britchick likes this.
  16. TK Rob

TK Rob Earning my ears

Avoid the Armageddon ride...if you can even call it a ride. It was about 10 years ago...may not even be there anymore. The Rock N Roller Coaster is more intense. The park seems way smaller as well. If memory serves...you can take the subway straight to the park.

17. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

:yes: that's right, we caught the train in London and it took us right in to the park, it was left to the hotels and right to the parks.