1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

tell me more about disney cruise?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line' started by littleangel, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

:yes: I remember the issues besides the children/teens that you spoke of . But never in the 5 x that Jimminey & I cruised with Disney, have we experienced that . Children up east here are not in school till the day after Labor Day .
    But as you said, you found a ship that you love and should stick with it then . :hug2:

2. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

We are just about to embark on our 8th DCL Cruise, DCL being the only cruise line we have tried so I can`t compare it with others.
    What I like about DCL is that you can take or leave the Disney side of things....sometimes you can get overloaded even though I love the Magic of Disney.

Another thing I enjoy is that your servers are with you each evening throughout the cruise and very soon get used to your likes and dislikes, offering excellent service.

Like Tink, I also experienced some unruly teenagers on one of our cruises [a Med. Cruise] and I an embarrassed to say that they were in fact British. They took delight in annoying folks who were trying to get some rest on Deck 10, until one of our dining partners [Doug from LA who used to be a bodyguard for Arnie Swartzennager [sp?] would you believe?] stepped in. We never heard a peep out of them after that. :lol:

My DW and I have met some wonderful folks on the DCL cruises who have been our dining partners.
    Tom [catracher] and his charming DW have now become firm friends, and Doug and his family from LA are joining us on our next cruise in a few weeks time, spending a couple of nights at our house prior to the cruise which we are all really looking forward to.

Give it a try, you will enjoy the experience. :thumbsup:

3. catrancher

catrancher Assistant Cruise Director Forum Host

I'd have to echo what Slowhand said. Although DCL is the only cruise line my DW and I have used, we find it wonderful and have reservations to go back again a year from now.

We've never been terribly bothered by the children on board and have always found that the adults only sections of the ship provided adequate protection from wandering munchkins.

Actually, in 2011, the Wonder will be permanently relocated to the Port of Los Angeles and will be doing the Pacific coast cruises out of either Los Angeles or for the Alaskan cruises out of Vancouver, BC.

We've thoroughly enjoyed all our Disney Cruises. Would we enjoy another cruise line? Probably. But Disney will always be our favorite simply because it was our first when my DW retired back in 2003. Additionally, we've met some wonderful people on DCL and made some lifelong friends too (such as Slowhand and his DW)! :yes:

Is it more expensive? Possibly. But I don't consider it terribly out of line when you consider that the only things that aren't paid for are your drinks, souvenirs, and tips. Pretty reasonable value for what you get I think!

Tom :)macwave:... done 3 of them and it ain't enough!)

4. Tinker

Tinker Earning my ears

Thank You Tom ! We were wondering (no pun intended) :lol: if the Wonder was going to be permanently relocated to the Pacific .