1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Test Track closed for refurbishment - January 11th 2010 - January 17th 2010

Discussion in 'Refurbs/Closures' started by eeyoreguy, Dec 29, 2009.

1. eeyoreguy

eeyoreguy Earning my ears

Test Track closed for refurbishment - January 11th 2010->January 17th 2010

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Re: Test Track closed for refurbishment - December 17th 2009 - January 11th 2010

Wow. That's a weird time to take down a major attraction in Future World! Loads of people really enjoy this one, and having it out of commission during the major holiday season doesn't seem too practical to me.

Of course, maybe since it always seems to be breaking down, it's a matter of self preservation. Better to take it down, then have it listed as broken for the duration... :shrug: :sigh:

3. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Re: Test Track closed for refurbishment - December 17th 2009 - January 11th 2010

TBF it's broken pretty much all the time, well thats the way it seemed in Feb anyway. I still don't understand why so many people ( including my kids) like this so much :unsure:

4. Tink

I don't honestly either. :unsure: It was fun the very first time, but sheesh... it's not really all that thrilling.

Little kids really like it though. Seth always loved it, but this last time had to be really encouraged to go on it. Suddenly he's picked up a touch of 'fear.' He did go on it and enjoy it, but not like before. :unsure: (Same thing with BTMRR... :unsure: ).

5. gwennie81

gwennie81 Earning my ears

Ugh. I loathe Test Track. I get bruised every time I'm forced to go on it. The last time was with my brother. The ride was so out of whack that the sounds weren't in synch with where you actually were on the track. Honking, squealing, etc. all happened before it would jerk you this way or that.

One good thing they added was the "Lone Rider" line. I like those kind of by-pass lines, especially when I'm by myself! HA! :yes:

6. brad

brad Earning my ears

Hi. Not sure where these dates came from? but they're actually incorrect, just to let you know.

Test Track is scheduled to close on January 11 and re-open on January 18. It was never scheduled to close in December of 2009.

I'm not sure what this site may offer [external advert for other site snipped]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  7. Tink

Hello Brad. Welcome to Disney Secrets.

As you say, you do not know what this site has to offer, so please have a good look around and familiarize yourself with our content and our philosophy.

Take care now and Happy New Year.

8. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Thanks for the correction to the dates Brad. we don't allow linking to other disney sites so I've snipped that bit out :yes:

We'll update the dates accordingly so no one gets confused