1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

Test Track Rumors

Discussion in 'General News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

The Test Track attraction at the Walt Disney World may go down for an extensive refurbishment in January 2012 for 6 months.

Rumors circulating are that there may be a new name for the attraction as well as proposed changes to the track and ride vehicles themselves. The theme of the attraction would change from the 'testing' of vehicles to the 'creation' of new vehicles.

It is also thought that there may be changes with the ride vehicles. The new Radiator Springs Racers vehicles models being tested over at Disney's California Adventure as part of Cars Land might be brought over to WDW's Epcot theme park to replace those in Test Track currently. Also, there will be some minor adjustments to the track layout.

To me this seems like a lot of changes during a 6 month refurb, but who knows, knowing Disney.

What do you think about them?
  2. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I love the Radiator Springs idea.
  3. chief

chief Earning my ears

i think it sounds great although when we go back next march it wont be running:thumbsdown: and we loved that ride.