1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

thailand part 4

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Britchick, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

Flying to Chiang Mai
    We were due to fly to chiang mai from Bangkok at 7pm so we decided to go and try and look at the grand palace, this is where the King lives. The Thai people hold the King in very high regard and have pictures of him everywhere, they get really upset if people say anything bad about him. I wasn’t feeling very good still but I was determined not to ruin it for Jon and despite him telling me to stay in bed we went out. It was very very hot and the only relief was travelling by boat.

Grand palace from the boat

[​IMG]

We got off the boat and started to walk towards the grand palace but it was a long walk and so so hot, after about 20 mins I felt really faint and Jon said we should go back and made me drink lots and lots of water. We had lunch in the hotel and packed up to go to the airport. We booked a taxi and the traffic was heaving, it took about 45 mins and lets just say I didn’t look out of the front window all the way there as it was too scary!!
    We had upgraded our tickets to business class for virtually nothing as a treat for Jon and I and were handed vouchers for the lounge- where I posted on this site to say hello. They had wireless internet and free food and drinks etc. It was such a treat. When we got on the plane we were very nicely surprised – I expected old style business class seats like you see on American short haul airlines but they were the all singing and dancing 56 position pods like you get in BA club!!! Jon and I immediately started checking out the seat- it even had massage –unfortunately I pressed the button that reclines you completely just before the hostie was bringing us our drinks – was a bit embarrassed and Jon was killing himself laughing. Spent the rest of the flight playing and was disappointed that it didn’t last any longer. Our luggage was the first on the carousel and we were greeted by Jon’s Dad and the kids who drove us to the apartment that he lives in. We were to stay there for most of our time in Chiang Mai. We unpacked our stuff and then went to his flat where Boont (Boon) had made us a little snack- ha ha of chiang mai sausage and prawns and salad etc etc.

[​IMG]

2. Grammiepo

Grammiepo Daisy Inspector

OH MY, what a lucky person you are, get to go on a trip like this.

3. mumof2

mumof2 Serious Forum Regular

I'm sorry to hear you were feeing so bad - is that the apartment block that Jons father lives in?

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

yes it is, it was very nice with a pool and gym. They have a man to open the gate and they even take your rubbish down from outside your door. we had an apartment a few floors down from him- fully furnished- very nice

5. mumof2

sounds very posh!

6. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

it was but it's very cheap out there, we took £500 worth of local currency and came back with £170 worth after 2 weeks. The only thing we put on cards was our hotel bill.

7. mumof2

wow! I'm speechless - we spent around £450 on our 2 weeks in Ireland! :rolleyes008: