1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 12 – Rest Day

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

As we had no plans for today we slept in until 8:30 and did not get up until 9:00. We were out of the room by 9:30 and decided that we would take a trip out to Celebration for a wander around.

We were in Celebration by 10:00 and had a wander around the main shopping area although it appeared to us that it was mostly restaurants and cafés. From Celebration we made our way back to US192 and over to the large indoor flea market next to the Big Orange Gift Shop. The flea market consists of three large buildings selling cheap T-shirts, belts, jewellery and any other tourist tat you can think of. After the flea market we had a wander next door and had a quick look around the Big Orange Gift Shop which again is mainly a tourist tat shop.

From the 192 we went up to Downtown Disney where we went in World of Disney and Dad bought himself another polo shirt and the Imagineers Guide to the Magic Kingdom and I got the Hidden Mickeys book. Next stop was Team Mickeys as I had decided to get a Mickey’s AllStars baseball jersey but they didn’t have my size so we came away empty-handed. We then went round to Goofy’s Candy Co. to stock up on sweets for in the car before returning back to the car and driving up to West Side to go in Virgin.

In Virgin I picked up some more DVDs and we stopped off in the café for a drink each before making stops at the ESPN shop on the Boardwalk, All Star Sports and Wide World of Sports looking for that elusive baseball jersey. Having had no luck in any of them we made our way back to the room, arriving at 2:10 for an afternoon break before our dinner reservation this evening.

We were back out again at 5:15 and by 5:40 we had checked in for our 6:00 reservation at Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge. This was one of two restaurants (Le Cellier being the other) where I knew what I was going to order before I had even made the reservation. Dad and I both had the Venison Spring Rolls to start followed by the Cedar Plank Salmon. For dessert I had the Hazelnut Chocolate Torte and Dad had the Cheese Plate. I had been looking forward to this meal for six months and it was everything I hoped it would be. The restaurant is also nice with generous space between the tables and it didn’t get too crowded. It was one of the more expensive meals at $159.27 before tip but if you are looking for a ‘fine dining’ restaurant I would definitely recommend Artist Point.

We had finished by 7:00 and before leaving we had a look in the Wilderness Lodge shop where I bought a DVC member shot glass, which we had not seen anywhere else, together with a WDW behind the scenes DVD and a fridge magnet. Just as we left the lodge it started raining but by the time we had driven to the bottom of World Drive it had stopped again.

By 7:35 we were back in the room where we spent the evening on the net and watching TV before going to bed at 10:00 with plans of going to Kennedy Space Centre in the morning.

Tomorrow: Day 13 - Kennedy Space Centre

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears

a great rest day

3. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

nice rest day we had one at start of hols wish we had done aqautica as we did this later and wud have been a fab rest day:yes: