1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 14 – DHS, Magic Kingdom & California Grill

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 29, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

For our last full day we were up at 7:45 and as we were going to Hollywood Studios we were out by 8:15. By 8:35 we were parked up in Stage 41 and thanks to a tram waiting for us we were soon waiting for the turnstiles to open.

First ride of the day was Tower of Terror, which was a walk-on and probably wasn’t the greatest idea seeing as I had been feeling icky all morning. I managed not to have the ride closed down and from there we went on to the Great Movie Ride where we got the Gangster Side as usual.

Next was Voyage of the Little Mermaid where we had to wait about 5 minutes for the next show and after that we walked round to Writer’s Stop as Dad had been looking for the other Imagineering Guides to go with the Magic Kingdom one he had bought earlier in the week. They didn’t have them so we went round to Indiana Jones where we arrived at 10:50 for the 11:30 show. The rows filled up quite quickly and I started wondering why they don’t have a permanent Fast Pass system for all of the scheduled shows as we seem to have spent a lot of the fortnight waiting ages for shows to start as you have to get there so early.

From Indiana Jones we went round to Catalina Eddie’s where we had a Caesar Salad and Coke each before leaving the park and going to Downtown Disney where I picked up a Mickey Allstars baseball jersey and Mickey Sorcerers football shirt, 2 for the price of 1.

From there we went back to the hotel where we did our packing as we were out for dinner tonight. We left the room again at 3:10 to get the bus to Magic Kingdom as we were eating at California Grill and I wanted to be able to drink. We just missed a bus so we had to wait 20 minutes for the next one but we were still at Magic Kingdom by 4:00.

First ride of the evening was Tomorrowland Transit Authority, which I always enjoy and we then wandered through to Liberty Square where Haunted Mansion was showing a 20 minute wait but was actually a walk-in. From there we strolled out and as the Liberty Belle was about to depart we hopped on for a quick tour around. Once we had docked again we cut through to Adventureland where I strolled through Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, which turned out to be the last attraction of the day as it was too hot to be strolling around for no reason.

We wandered over to the Contemporary Resort and made our way up to the Outer Rim lounge for a cocktail. We had no sooner sat at our ‘usual’ table from last year than we heard “I know you two gentleman from somewhere don’t I? Bud Lite wasn’t it?” It was Bob, one of the servers who had recognised us from last year! Not bad considering the number of people he meets and orders he takes in a year. Dad had a margarita and I had a Mango Mint Champagne, which we sipped overlooking the pool area.

At about 6:55 we checked in for our 7:20 reservation and took the elevator up to the 15th floor where we sat in the lounge area waiting for our pager to go off. We were seated at about 7:35 and met our server, Walter, who was excellent all evening. Dad had the Potato and Asparagus soup followed by the Pork Tender Loin and I had the Goat’s Cheese Ravioli followed by the Crispy Natural Chicken Breast and we shared a bottle of Pinot Grigio. For dessert Dad had the Apple Bread Pudding and I had the Honey Crunch cake. By the time we had finished dessert it was time for Wishes to start so we went out onto the observation deck having given Walter our order for coffee and Glenfiddich whiskey each.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once Wishes had finished we drank our coffee and whiskey and took care of the bill which came to $173.27 plus tip. It was a great meal but, all things considered, I think Artist Point is likely to become our traditional ‘last meal’.

We left Contemporary Resort at 9:40 and got a taxi back to Animal Kingdom Lodge arriving back at 10:00 where we finished our packing and went to bed ready for an early check in at Downtown Disney in the morning.

Tomorrow: Day 15 - Home Time

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

we had booked for californian grill but canceled as wishes wasnt on and it was a bit to costly for eleven of us without wishes to enjoy maybe next time

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Loved reading your report :yes:
    The meal you had sounds delicious!