1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 2 – Disney Hollywood Studios

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 23, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

As expected we were awake very early this morning and by 6:00 we had both decided not to bother trying to get any more sleep. Dad got up and I sat and watched ‘Top 7 must sees at WDW' before getting up at 7:00.

We left the room just after 8:00 and by 8:35 we were parked up in the Stage parking lot at Disney Hollywood Studios. We walked up to the turnstiles and were let in after a couple of minutes so we made our way up to await rope drop at 9:00. Once the opening ceremony had finished we made our way round to Tower of Terror where a short queue had already formed. As we were waiting quite a few people went past us in the Fast Pass queuing area but we couldn’t work out how they were being let in that way when the return time was already 9:40.

Tower of Terror was great fun and didn’t seem as bad as it had last year, probably because I had a better idea of what to expect this time. Dad and I both commented that although it is a “drop” it isn’t one of those drops that leaves your stomach behind, which is probably what makes it such fun!

The next thing I had to worry about was being at the theatre for Beauty & The Beast by 10:15 ready for the 10:45 show time. By this time it was 9:30 and after poking our heads inside The Great Movie Ride I decided that allowing for the queue that was in there and the ride time we probably didn’t have enough time for it so we came back out and had a quick browse around the shops while they were not crowded.

We were at the theatre for about 10:00 and by 10:30 we were in our seats and Four For A Dollar were performing. Their performance was great and I liked the way it started with just the one guy coming out appearing to do a mic check and then the others joining him. We also enjoyed the main show but why is it when people are leaving a crowded theatre they are also looking at their park map and trying to work out where to go next, can’t they just get out of the way first!

From Beauty & The Beast we went round to Starring Roll’s Café and as they had not started serving sandwiches yet we had a cinnamon roll and coke each.

After we had eaten we went round to Walt Disney: One Man’s Dream, which we had rushed through last year so we had a more leisurely look this year, and after watching the film we had a quick look in one of the shops we had missed earlier before leaving the park and getting the tram back to the car.

We then made our way round to Downtown Disney and had a look around Virgin before wandering through to World of Disney where I bought some T-shirts, sweatshirts, a baseball cap and a 2008 shot glass. From there we had a quick look around Team Mickey and the pin trading station before walking back up to West Side to pick up the car.

The last stop before our break was the new Wal-Mart at Turkey Lake Road, where we bought some nibbles to last us for a couple of days and spent an hour or so just browsing.

From Wal-Mart we made our way back to the Lodge arriving back at around 4:15 to find our friends from yesterday had been joined by some friends of their own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After taking some photos we went down and refilled our mugs and then went back to the room to relax for a while before going out for dinner. Just after 5:00 we went down to the hotel lobby and booked a DVC tour for Tuesday and then made our way out to the Golden Corral on 192 where we made complete pigs of ourselves as you do!

Suitably stuffed we returned to the hotel and stopped off in the bar where Dad had a couple of Captain’s Mai Tais and I had a couple of Sparkling Mango Mints. After our drinks Dad went down to fill our mugs before we retired to the room to relax before going to bed at 9:30.

Tomorrow: Day 3 - Magic Kingdom

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears

great day and nice pics

3. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

A nice first day, i am very impressed by the shopping, a cocktail or two; a nice chilled way to finish the day.
    xx

4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Another great report :yes:
    You mentioned the opening ceremony at DHS....I didn't even know they had one! I've only ever heard folk mention AK and MK for the opening ceremonies!
    What happens at DHS?

5. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

Basically there is a "Director" of a new film and all of the park guests are "extras". One family is pulled up to the front to be the "stars" and are given a line to say - I can't remember what it is, the extras then shout something back and the "stars" are driven off while the extras "walk" ;) to their first attraction.

I'm normally just waiting for them to get on with it so I can get to ToT. :p015:

6. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

a great report we ate twice at golden coral well stuffed each time we did breakfast and dinner both very nice :p015: