1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 4 – Shopping

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

Either I am getting used to the time difference or the fresh air is catching up with me because this morning I slept in until 7:00. We were both up, washed and dressed by 8:00 and spent a few minutes sitting on the balcony before deciding to have a wander around the resort to see what other animals were about. There was nothing much in sight so at around 9:45 we left to go to the Festival Bay Mall.

We arrived just after 10:00 and first stop was the Bass Pro Outdoor World shop where Dad wanted to buy some new binoculars. The local Cub Scout Troop was fundraising outside and as Dad is a Group Scout Leader himself he got chatting to the leaders and promised to put some badges in the post when we got home.

Dad found the binoculars he wanted and we also bought some jerky before going for a wander around the rest of the mall. We then decided to have something to eat and as I wanted to try some churros on this trip we headed for Churromania only to be told that he had “nothing at all at the moment”. Instead we went to Subway where we had a 6” roast beef sub and coke each for around $20.

Once we had eaten we walked across the road to Prime Outlets where we had a quick look around before returning to the Bass Pro car park to pick up the car. Next stop was Florida Mall where I stocked up on M&Ms for my dispenser and we also paid a visit to the Apple store where Dad bought me a 32GB Ipod Touch for my birthday and I got away lightly by only having to pay for the case for it.

From Florida Mall we made our way back down I4 and stopped off at Wilderness Lodge for a quick look around. While we were there we went to the Roaring Forks Café where we had a double chocolate soft serve ice cream and coke each which were absolutely delicious.

While were out that way we decided to head round to the Contemporary Resort to see how much it had changed since last year. Work seems to be progressing well on the new tower and we noticed that part of the Outer Rim lounge has gone to make way for the new temporary fast food place. There is also a new shop in the middle of the concourse called Fantasia selling general Disney merchandise. I bought some more sweatshirts and a polo shirt and also a wine bottle stopper for my bottles of wine at home.

We then decided to head back to AKL, arriving back at around 4:00. We went in to the gift shop and bought a bottle of wine each before going down to fill up our mugs again.

Just after 6:00 we headed down to the bar for a cocktail where Dad had a margarita and I had a Mango margarita. After our drink we went back to the room for a dinner of wine and nibbles before going to bed at 9:30.

Here’s the obligatory animal photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow: Day 5 - World Showcase

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  2. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Love your trip reports Wickesy. Sad to hear the outa rim bar is no more though

3. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

Thanks. Yes it was a nice view from there. Apparently there is a lounge/bar attached to the new restaurant on the ground floor but it won't be the same.

4. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

Nice to be introduced to your neighbours :lol:
    xx

5. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

They say that women can shop....you can put me to shame!!!!!

We plan on going to the Prime and Premium outlets on our next visit .... I didn't realise that Festival Bay Mall was so close so we may have to try there too. Is this a large Mall?

6. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

Festival Bay is quite big in size but I have been reading that a lot of the retail units in there are closed and there aren't that many big names in there anyway.

7. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears

cool day shopping

8. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

love the shopping hate the credit card bill when home though we do get far more for our money ds19 got two pairs of shoes from converse for £30 well happy:p015:;)