1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 5 – World Showcase

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 24, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

:oops: Apologies to those who have been struggling with my trip reports being too wide because of the countdowns in my signature being next to each other across the page. :oops:

The plan for today was to do the World Showcase section of EPCOT so as we had a bit of spare time in the morning I had made a reservation for breakfast at Boma. We were up at 7:00 and went downstairs at 8:20 to check in for our 8:40 reservation. Once again we were seated within a minute or two and introduced to our server, Edna, who took our order for house juice and coffee each.

We made our first trip up to the buffet and Dad started with fruit while I had French toast, pancake and scrambled egg. After polishing that off we went back and Dad returned with a plate full while I just had some bacon, sausage and scrambled egg. Once we had finished that Edna brought the bill out and with tip it came to a total of $42.99.

We left the hotel at 9:30 and made our way over to EPCOT, arriving just after 10:00. As we were waiting behind other cars at the parking booths I thought they should allow onsite guests to go through the same line as the Disney buses, or at least have a separate line so that you don’t have to wait for people in front of you to pay.

First stop was Innoventions where we paused for a while to watch a group getting taught the basics of their Segways before going out on their tour. We then had a quick wander around the other Innoventions before making our way over to Spaceship Earth, which was about a 10 minute wait.

Spaceship Earth was a great ride as usual and we both especially liked the new ending. Having ridden Spaceship Earth we made our way round to Maelstrom where we arrived just as they were opening up. We had a short wait at the end of the ride for the theatre to open and, like most people, we made our way straight through the theatre without stopping.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From Norway we made our way round to Mexico but as the Gran Fiesta tour was not working we re-traced our steps and went round to begin our tour at Canada. We normally have one holiday a year to Canada but as the trip this year was cancelled we got our fix by watching the O Canada film instead. After the film we continued anti-clockwise to UK, stopping off in the Rose & Crown pub before continuing round the lagoon. We had a short break in Morocco and finished up back in Mexico where we rode Gran Fiesta and going across to Cantina de San Angel for a churro each.

By this time it was around 1:30 and we were both ready for a break so we left the park and returned to the hotel where we found a couple of new friends waiting for us.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There was a set made to look like a shirt and tie as well but we didn’t notice them until the next day when Dad had a shower so I didn’t get a picture of them.

We relaxed for a while ready for our evening plans, which were to see Spectromagic and Wishes at Magic Kingdom. We left the room again just before 5:00 and made our way over to the Magic Kingdom parking up in Grumpy 113 and jumping on the tram to the TTC. From there, as we were in no hurry, we took the boat across to the Magic Kingdom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We wandered round to Tomorrowland and into Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café where Dad had a bacon double cheeseburger, I had a ¼ pound cheeseburger and we had a coke each. After eating we rode the TTA before wandering through to Frontierland and watching the Country Bear Jamboree show.

After the show we staked out our spot just outside Hall of Presidents for Spectromagic and sat and people watched until the parade started. After the parade we cut through Fantasyland and Tomorrowland onto the bridge between Tomorrowland and the hub to watch Wishes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once the fireworks had finished we sat for a minute to let the worst of the crowd move off and then made our way down Main Street and out of the park. Looking at the queues for the monorails it was clear that the resort monorail was the better option so we joined that queue and were on a monorail within a couple of minutes. We managed to get on the third tram to arrive at the TTC and were back in the car by 10:55. After a short drive we were back in the room by 11:20 and straight to bed as we had to be up early the next day for our DVC tour.

Tomorrow: Day 6 - DVC and Baseball
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. Ilovesnowwhitej

Ilovesnowwhitej Earning my ears

David

Do you get a good view from the Boma restaurant? i love the towel animals, and your pictures ofthe parade are brilliant (as always).
    xx
  3. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

There's not much of a view from Boma Jeanette because it's on the ground floor. It's mainly just a view of plants from what I remember. I had mixed results with the pictures of the parade - some were great but others were really blurry. I found the secret of night photos on my camera though and there's some great photos of Wishes (from a different perspective) to come.
  4. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Oh, I love Wishes and Spectromagic so your photos brought back great memories :yes:
    Oh, isn't breakfast at Boma delicious :D I absolutely love their ham and scrambled eggs :p015:
  5. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

is it easier to use your own transport to go to disney parks when staying onsite or disney transport the only time we stayed onsite we didnt get car hire but will defo be getting one next time we stay onsite to do shopping universal etc:p015:
  6. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

It really depends on how you spend your days and if you don't mind waiting. We like to finish in the parks late morning and go off somewhere else so it is easier for us to be able to jump in the car and drive off rather than having to get a bus back to the hotel and pick the car up from there.

The one day we did use the bus to get to Magic Kingdom we just missed one and had to wait 30 minutes for the next one while two or three came along for each of the other parks. I really, really hate waiting in those kind of situations and because we had only got the bus so I could have a drink I probably wouldn't do it again.