1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 6 – DVC & Baseball

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

After our late night last night we didn’t wake up until just after 7:00. We were soon washed and dressed and at 8:40 we went downstairs where our transport to the DVC preview centre was waiting for us.

When we arrived at the preview centre we helped ourselves to orange juice before being introduced to our guide, Randy Cook. He went through an overview of DVC with us before taking us to the ‘Story Book Room’ where we saw a short presentation outlining the different ways we could use our DVC points, should we decide to buy. From there we were taken to see models of the DVC accommodation and I couldn’t believe how big the 1 bedroom homes are!

After looking at the models we went back to a private room in the preview centre where Randy ran through the economics and incentive package with us. He then left Dad and I to talk things over between us, leaving us his extension number to call him when we were ready to continue. Dad and I had a short discussion and agreed that if we are going to keep coming back then, as we like staying in the deluxe resorts, it really was a no-brainer for us to buy in.

We called Randy back in and told him that we had decided to buy 160 points at Animal Kingdom Villas. Total purchase price was $16,640 but with a credit of $8 per point the total came down to $15,360, plus closing costs of $235.40. We also received 160 bonus points to be used within a year at Saratoga Springs as the Animal Kingdom Villas are not complete yet. We elected to pay a deposit of $500 plus the closing costs now with the balance being due within 30 days. The only snag was that Randy needed to see our passports and we did not have them with us. Randy said that was not a problem and he would arrange for a van to bring us back to Animal Kingdom Lodge, wait while we collected our passports and take us back to the preview centre and in the meantime he would print out the paperwork.

In no time at all we were back at the centre, had signed the paperwork and as a result we are now officially the proud owners of 160 points at Animal Kingdom Villas, ours to use until 2057. One piece of advice is, if you decide to take a DVC tour and think there is even a possibility that you might purchase on the day then make sure you take your passport with you as it will save some time.

The van brought us back to the hotel where we collected our car and made our way to Downtown Disney for lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. I had an Original 1762 (roast beef and horseradish) and Dad had a Scudeto (salami, ham, mozzarella) and we had a coke each. After lunch we made our way round to the water taxis and got the boat across to Port Orleans Riverside, which was a lot further away than I had expected. We had a short walk around the resort and then got the boat back to Downtown Disney.

Next plan was to go to the Wal-Mart on US192 near Medieval Times but the sat-nav was playing games with me and took me in a circle around the Osceola Square Mall car park before telling me I had reached my destination even though there was no Wal-Mart in sight. We had a quick look around the mall instead and decided to try finding the Wal-Mart again some other day.
    By now it was around 3:30 so we went back to the hotel for a quick break before getting ready to go out to the baseball game between Tampa Bay Rays and Toronto Blue Jays at Wide World of Sports later this evening.

We went out again at 5:00 and were at Wide World of Sports within around 15 minutes. We found the ‘Will Call’ window where I was relieved to collect our tickets with no problems at all. We made our way into the stadium, had a look at the merchandise on offer and then had a hot dog and coke each before taking our seats, which were right behind home plate.

The first pitch was at 7:10 and shortly after the start Tampa Bay fell one run behind thanks to a couple of schoolboy fielding errors on one play. They soon re-grouped and finally won the game 6-4 at the middle of the 9th inning.

The game finished at 9:50 and, thanks to Disney’s usual great crowd control, we were soon out of the stadium and back in the room by 10:15 where went straight to bed.

I forgot to take my camera to the ball game so enjoy some pictures of a young giraffe and some zebras instead :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow: Day 7: Fantasia and shopping
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. Disfan

Disfan Forum Sponsor

Welcome home :)

What a great place to buy at - or so I hear. never really a fan of saratoga springs but akl villas look great
  3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Well done on buying into the DVC....how exciting!
  4. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

dvc points lush future holidays for you wow my ds19 is into wwe wrestling and got the oppurtunity to watch the raw live match at tampa the night before we left i think it was 800 episode well it was a celebration one and there were wrestlers from all leagues it really made his holiday he also watched tna wrestling with vip tickets at universal too also great :p015: