1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 7 – Fantasia & Shopping

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

After two late nights it was a lazy start to today. I got up at 8:40 and after washing and dressing caught up on my trip report, which I hadn’t typed up yesterday.

The plan for this morning was to go to the mini-golf course, Fantasia Gardens, which doesn’t open until 10:00 so we left at about 9:40. We arrived just on 10:00 but unfortunately got caught behind a group of 9 senior citizens and a family with two young children meaning that our tee time was 10:22.

When our time came around we collected our clubs and balls and had a slow round, having to wait at each hole for both groups in front of us to finish. I completed the round in a two over par 55, while Dad was way ahead of me with 45 and we both recorded a couple of lucky holes-in-one.

We finished the round at 11:30 and, after collecting our souvenir golf balls, made our way up to Festival Bay Mall for another wander round and some lunch. I had intended to have some cinnamon sugar bagel bites for lunch, which I had seen when we were here earlier in the week but they were not ready so instead we went back to Subway where I had a 6” ham and cheese and Dad had a 6” turkey breast, ham and cheese.

After lunch Dad had another look around Bass Pro and from there we went off for a ‘cruise’ down International Drive to see if anything caught our eye. We got as far as Sand Lake Road and I decided to turn off and go to the Wal-Mart near there as I had been looking to buy some new trousers while we were over here and had been unable to find any in my size.

We had a long wander round Wal-Mart (as you do) and I managed to get three pairs of trousers, some socks, some big bottles of water, an Alvin & The Chipmunks DVD and soundtrack pack and the eighth and final series of Full House on DVD to complete my collection. That shopping done we had a wander along to Staples as I had also been looking for a leather case for my TomTom but as Staples did not have one for my model we left empty-handed.

It was now 3:30 so we decided to go back to the room and relax for a while as we had a 6:00 reservation at Boma for dinner tonight. We paid for another 24 hours internet access and I did a bit of surfing before going down to the bar for a pre-dinner drink at 5:00. Dad had his usual margarita and as I was working my way through the cocktail list I opted for a pomegranate splash this time.

At 5:45 we checked in at Boma and, although I was given a pager and told the table would be ready in 10-15 minutes, the pager went off as soon as I walked away from the podium. We were shown to our table and our server, Martin, introduced himself and took our drinks order, which was a coke for both of us. Dad and I made a few trips to the buffet each and enjoyed everything we had, I particularly liked the ‘potatoes with Afritude’ (spicy potato wedges).

We left the restaurant at 7:00 and went back up to the bar where Dad had a Jack Daniels and I had a Maker’s Mark whisky before going back to the room. We rounded off the evening by doing some more web-surfing and watching the second baseball game between Tampa Bay and Toronto on the TV and we were in bed by 10:00 ready for a day at EPCOT tomorrow.

Tomorrow: Day 8 - EPCOT

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

Iso like the sounds of going through the cocktail list so my sort of thing we love walmart spent a fortune in there as dh works for asda we also got our discount too well happy