1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Disney & Orlando Secrets Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community...
    It's easy, fast, totally free (and always will be) and you'll be able to start chatting immediately :)

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 7 – Fantasia & Shopping

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

After two late nights it was a lazy start to today. I got up at 8:40 and after washing and dressing caught up on my trip report, which I hadn’t typed up yesterday.

The plan for this morning was to go to the mini-golf course, Fantasia Gardens, which doesn’t open until 10:00 so we left at about 9:40. We arrived just on 10:00 but unfortunately got caught behind a group of 9 senior citizens and a family with two young children meaning that our tee time was 10:22.

When our time came around we collected our clubs and balls and had a slow round, having to wait at each hole for both groups in front of us to finish. I completed the round in a two over par 55, while Dad was way ahead of me with 45 and we both recorded a couple of lucky holes-in-one.

We finished the round at 11:30 and, after collecting our souvenir golf balls, made our way up to Festival Bay Mall for another wander round and some lunch. I had intended to have some cinnamon sugar bagel bites for lunch, which I had seen when we were here earlier in the week but they were not ready so instead we went back to Subway where I had a 6” ham and cheese and Dad had a 6” turkey breast, ham and cheese.

After lunch Dad had another look around Bass Pro and from there we went off for a ‘cruise’ down International Drive to see if anything caught our eye. We got as far as Sand Lake Road and I decided to turn off and go to the Wal-Mart near there as I had been looking to buy some new trousers while we were over here and had been unable to find any in my size.

We had a long wander round Wal-Mart (as you do) and I managed to get three pairs of trousers, some socks, some big bottles of water, an Alvin & The Chipmunks DVD and soundtrack pack and the eighth and final series of Full House on DVD to complete my collection. That shopping done we had a wander along to Staples as I had also been looking for a leather case for my TomTom but as Staples did not have one for my model we left empty-handed.

It was now 3:30 so we decided to go back to the room and relax for a while as we had a 6:00 reservation at Boma for dinner tonight. We paid for another 24 hours internet access and I did a bit of surfing before going down to the bar for a pre-dinner drink at 5:00. Dad had his usual margarita and as I was working my way through the cocktail list I opted for a pomegranate splash this time.

At 5:45 we checked in at Boma and, although I was given a pager and told the table would be ready in 10-15 minutes, the pager went off as soon as I walked away from the podium. We were shown to our table and our server, Martin, introduced himself and took our drinks order, which was a coke for both of us. Dad and I made a few trips to the buffet each and enjoyed everything we had, I particularly liked the ‘potatoes with Afritude’ (spicy potato wedges).

We left the restaurant at 7:00 and went back up to the bar where Dad had a Jack Daniels and I had a Maker’s Mark whisky before going back to the room. We rounded off the evening by doing some more web-surfing and watching the second baseball game between Tampa Bay and Toronto on the TV and we were in bed by 10:00 ready for a day at EPCOT tomorrow.

Tomorrow: Day 8 - EPCOT

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

Iso like the sounds of going through the cocktail list so my sort of thing we love walmart spent a fortune in there as dh works for asda we also got our discount too well happy