1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

That was one expensive holiday!: Day 8 – EPCOT

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by wickesy, Oct 25, 2008.

1. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

We were both up by 7:30 today and left the room at 8:15 for the short journey to EPCOT. We parked up in Amaze 31 and there was a short wait at the turnstiles before we were allowed in as far as the fountain.

Just before 9:00 the characters came out for the rope drop ceremony and before long we were on our way to Soarin’ where we collected Fast Passes with a return time of 9:54-10:54. From there we left The Land and walked across to The Seas With Nemo and Friends, which was a walk-on at that time of the morning and when we finished the ride we explored the Sea Base while we waited for the 9:45 Turtle Talk with Crush show.

Turtle Talk was totally awesome duuude and provided quite a few laughs courtesy of the children. One of the kids said that he had seen Crush in a movie in which Crush went down to Australia to which Crush replied “I did go to Australia once. I remember some kid called Nemo got lost and it took them an hour and a half to find him”. :lol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After the show we went back to The Land and used our fast passes for Soarin’ where we just missed out on a pair of Year Of A Million Dreams Mickey ears. From Soarin’ we went on to Living With The Land, which was a 15 minute wait and then decided it was time for something to eat.

We went into Sunshine Seasons and Dad had a ham sandwich and coke and I had a chicken wrap and coke. With that hole filled we had a quick look around Mouse Gear and then made our way over to Ellen’s Energy Adventure where Dad dozed off a couple of times.

After Ellen we made our way round to the Rose & Crown pub in the UK pavilion at World Showcase where we got a coke each and took it back to Canada where we grabbed a couple of seats for the 2:30 Off Kilter show even though we had about an hour to wait.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Off Kilter set was great as usual and I will be making a point of catching them each time we come back. After they had finished we made our way out of the park and back to the hotel for a break.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dinner plans for tonight were to go to Sweet Tomatoes so we left at about 5:00 and were there by about 5:30. We both started off with a large salad and then I had the Lemon Corzo soup while Dad had Canadian Cheese and Ham soup. Next up was pasta; Country Vegetable and Italian Sausage and pasta with Lemon sauce for both of us. Dessert was a couple of ice cream sundaes for Dad and I had a piece of corn bread. All in all great value at just over $12 each and this is another must-do for each time we come back.

Suitably stuffed we walked across to Office Depot where I finally picked up a case for my TomTom before making our way back to the hotel where the plan had been to watch the final baseball game of the 3 game series at Wide World of Sports but it didn’t appear to be on any of the channels available in the room so I typed up the trip report instead.

We were in bed by 10:00 ready for a very early start at the Magic Kingdom tomorrow.

Tomorrow: Day 9 - KTTK Tour & Fantasmic

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Great report David. We love watching Off Kilter too :yes:
    We have yet to see Turtle Talk though as the queues have been horendous each time we have been to Epcot. Is it like Monsters Inc at MK?

3. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

Great reports :D

4. wickesy

wickesy Earning my ears

It's the same sort of thing but aimed firmly at the kids. It takes place in a relatively small room with a screen at one end. The kids sit on the floor in front of the screen with adults sitting on benches behind and then Crush appears on screen and the kids are invited to ask him questions about anything. It really lives or dies on the kids and the improv of "Crush" but the two times we have seen it at WDW and the one we saw at Disneyland have been great.

5. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears

great report

6. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Thank you for sharing :D Great trippie :yes:

7. Steven

Steven Earning my ears

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Sweet Tomatoes - think it's the thing I'm looking forward to most next year LOL.

8. nannav

nannav Earning my ears

we really loved the nemo ride and crush loved soarin also we had the princess meal at norway which was lovely but expensive we did the ellen ride missed it last time i love her show so it was fun to do:p015: