1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The 20/40 trip Day 4, The Wizarding world of Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Britchick, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Britchick

Britchick Serious Forum Regular

Day 4 Harry Potter here we come!

After a very comfortable nights sleep we got up ultra early as we had early entry to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. This was at 8am but we had to have breakfast and walk to the park ready to walk quickly (or run) to the new attraction. Breakfast starts at 7.30am but it was actually out a few minutes before. There was melon, pineapple, strawberries, a great selection of mini muffins- one with macadamia nuts in MMMMMMMMM, cereals, fruit juices and a range of diabetes inducing pastries and donuts. Starbucks coffee is also served. Everyone was really impressed with breakfast, i just had the fruit and a coffee. We were soon on our way and decided to walk, it was pleasant as it was still quite cool and i resisted the urge to track down Captain Rayban! We followed the crowds like sheep through Seuss Landing and past Mythos and into Harry Potter Land. It is so cool I can't tell you, as you round the corner and see it you could just be there it looks so real. We walked open mouthed to the furthest point which is where the forbidden journey is, alas it wasn't working so we rode flight of the hippogrith and then the kids and Jon rode Dragon challenge. Jon stood down after the first ride and the kids rode a couple more times. The line was only 5 minutes long, after that we tried the butter beer. I was under the impression that this was really expensive but as we didn't get the souvenir cup it was under $4, we only had one between us but it was actually quite bearable, sweet but bearable. Forbidden journey still wasn't working so we decided to take advantage of our front of line passes. We then rode Jurassic Park, Rip saw falls and Popeye barges - on both of these its not that you may get wet, you will get wet! It was about 10.45 at that time and everyone was sopping wet and miserable, we decided that there was no where that appealed for lunch so headed out of the park and back to the room to get changed and seek out some lunch off site.

We decided to head off to Bahama Breeze and the new Navigator (Daniel) was charged with finding it. I neglected to mention that after yesterday's navigational error i had been usurped by a 17 year old! Actually i was getting used to being in the back with Caitlin, no stress and able to smirk when things didn't go to plan. There was however a lot of testosterone overflowing in the front seats and a lot of thanks mate etc bleurgh!! Bahama Breeze was empty when we got there around midday and not a tourist in sight. We started off with the famed coconut onion rings to share and they were delicious.Between us all we had chicken sliders, cuban sandwich, chicken fruit salad (mmm) and chorizo sliders. We then went to the Florida Mall where i bought my new wireless keyboard for my ipad, some knicks from Victorias secrets and Daniel and Caitlin sold their soles to the devil in Hollister and Abercrombie and Fitch. Why does Jon get to sit outside while i go in? I also bought myself some new flip flops- flo jos, really recommend them, very comfortable. We went back to the hotel and went downstairs to the pool. I like the pool here, there are lots of towels available and iced water available. There is also a really nice ice cream kiosk and they bring round skewers of melon at regular intervals. We saw some people getting nachos delivered pool side, looked good but i wasn't hungry at that time.

Around 5pm the kids decided they wanted to go back to the park so we armed them with some emergency cash (Dan had charging privileges on his room key) and one of the US mobile phones and let them go on their way. At last LOL, Jon and i got dressed and ambled down to the club lounge, we helped ourselves to some chips and dips and watched on as several families took FULL advantage of the evening offerings. We had a large glass of iced cold Rose and quickly found out that the people who sat nicely in the corner, didn't cause any problems go their wine glasses topped up rather regularly. Personally i think we got our money's worth out of the club lounge in Rose...but don't tell the kids! We decided to go downstairs to the Sushi restaurant for a snackette to soak up the wine. We really enjoyed the sushi here and if i'd had my way would have eaten there every night. The pot stickers were really good. We went back to the room got into pyjamas and laid on the bed just as the kids got back from the park. They still don't know what we got up to!! hic

2. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Awesome!

Shame i can't send the kids off,be very sad drinking on my own!

3. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I'd be happy to have a drink with you, if I were there.

4. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Fab trippie :yes:

any photos? :unsure:

5. Britchick

On a photo card that is MIA! All my US ones are on it :(

6. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Another great installment!

7. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

I love IoA - could picture exactly where you were and where you walked to get there! :yes:
    Really enjoying your TR's!

8. josh.p.

josh.p. Addicted to Mickey

:rotfl: was this an auto-correct typo?! Did you get to ride Forbidden Journey in the end? That whole ride is just absolutely amazing! :yes:

9. Britchick

No it wasn't a typo, it was my attempt at humour:unsure:

And you'll just have to wait and see! :nono:

10. Deafjeff

Deafjeff Serious Forum Regular

Oh no I truly hope that you will get it sorted :yes:

11. Kate

Kate Serious Forum Regular

:lol:

12. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

wonderful!!!

maybe one day we'll gather up enough courage to leave Disney ;)

would love to go to Harry Potter world :)