1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The ABC's of Magical Memories

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs and Games' started by Beccaberry, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Beccaberry

Beccaberry She's beccalicious! Forum Host

Since our other ABC Games seem to be so much fun, why don't we start another?

It's quite easy; for each letter of the alphabet, someone should post a memory (Disney, or otherwise) that begins with that letter. Poetic license granted, of course, if we need to get creative with those pesky Q's and Z's :)

I've started this game in it's own thread in case someone wants to know more about your memory we have plenty of room to share, and photos are ALWAYS welcome!

2. Beccaberry

I'll share one to get us started...

A - Andrew being chosen to be in the Indiana Jones show. He'd been waiting on that moment for 13 years!

3. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

You have to be quick to not loose a letter! For me

B - Boardwalk - We took Alex there when she was about 5. It was just a few months after the hard opening of the resort and it took my breath away. We met my brother and his wife in the lobby. They flew in from Wisconsin (where they lived at the time) and the airlines lost their luggage. All was right a few hours later when they found them and returned them - had a great time...that is where I got the screen name "I got to watch her skip around the parks"

The place was beautiful...hey another B

4. Britchick

Britchick Cast Member

C Caitlin and I getting to go into the VIP area for the official opening of the new fantasyland :yes:

5. Beccaberry

Oh 'skip, I love to hear how people come into their screen names...what a sweet story! And yes, Jules, I remember that! I think we were ALL green with envy!

Ok, who's next...we're on...D!

6. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

D- our first Disney trip, we stayed at Dixie Landings. Alysia was 5. We were in the Alligator Bayou section and she was running ahead of us when I shouted, "you'd better watch out. There's an alligator by you". Lol she turned around and propped her hand on her hip and said, " mama, that's not funny. That's where we are staying"

7. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

EPCOT CENTER!!! My first visit there and I was in love. Loved the park then, and love it now. My favorite... Too many memories to try and recount just one. Meeting friends there, having family with us for forever memories... and will be making new memories when we take a family member for a FIRST VISIT coming up soon.

8. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

F-Friends

On every trip I have taken the kids on we have been lucky enough to meet up with either UK or US friends which has made special memories every time.

This year will be a record though I think and I can't wait!

9. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

G - Grand Marshalls. When we took our first two granddaughters to WDW we were in MK on the oldest's 9th birthday. We had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table and walked back to the front of the park. They were just bringing out the horse drawn trolley and the girls wanted to know if they could pet the horse. They were allowed to do so and then were asked if they would like to ride. We boarded and as other families tried to board they were asked to wait for the next one. As we drove down Main Street USA the girls got to "drive" the trolley and got their pictures taken doing so. When we arrived at the castle a CM named Dean asked us if we were going to be in the park all day. When we said yes, he asked the girls, and us of course, if we would like to be Grand Marshalls that day.

10. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

G: Good food! So many wonderful meals with Disney. I remember the first visit to Le Chefs, it was an open air outdoor seating then. The saumon tartar was divine, as was the lobster bisque. The cheese plate in France from the bakery had a unique selection of 6 different cheeses that were not readily available here. Germany was the best deal on property! $16.95 for a dinner buffet that seemed to stretch on for miles! All that food and entertainment too.

Wonderful samplings from the FWF, new foods never tasted before. Fabulous dinners at Marrakesh. I remember the very first dinner there. We were in LOVE with the bread and kept commenting on how good it was. The more we ate, the more they brought us!

Family dinners, lunches for just the two of us, huge holiday meals with friends and family... the Good Food at Disney has a central role in most of our memories.

11. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

G= Grand Floridian for me. :yes:
    My DW and I have stayed there almost every year since it first opened, and even though we now own a villa in Florida, we can`t resist spending a few days there each time we visit.
    By now we have made some really good friends with many of the CM`s there and it really feels like home from home to us.

12. Beccaberry

H - Hammocks and Hoop Dee Doo Revue! A few years ago (probably more than I care to admit) we went to Ft. Wilderness for the HDDR. We had the BEST table, with the BEST view and just really felt like we'd been touch by Tinkerbell's magic...it was such a great evening. Afterward, we weren't quite ready to end the night, so we wandered down to the (now near empty) beach and Jon and I ended up swinging in a hammock for nearly and hour while the kids cavorted in the sand...it was one of the single most peaceful and happy times in my life. After a bit, we reluctantly boarded a boat back to MK. We were 1 of only 2 families on the boat, so we opted to sit outside under the stars. About halfway through the journey, our skipper came on and said, "Well folks, looks like the MK Fireworks are just about ready to start. Hope you don't mind the inconvenience, but I'm just going to drop anchor and sit for a spell until they're over." OMG. It was so awesome and so unexpected. It was the perfect ending to the day.

13. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

I - "I will" Accepting a marriage proposal in Frontierland. Magical. :love2::love2:

14. Beccaberry

:bounce: :bounce: What a lovely, lovely memory!!! I think I want to hear more!!

15. MystikPiglit

MystikPiglit Peace, Love and Mickey Mouse

:D Well, one night just before we went to Florida, we had a rather boozy evening and on the way home Pete proposed. We'd only been together for just over 2 months so I told him to ask again me when he was sober. :lol:

So, a couple of weeks later, sitting on a bench in Frontierland he asked me again. Of course, I intended to say 'yes' anyway. :wink:

At that time, there was a shop in Frontierland which sold Blackhills gold jewellery and we went in to buy a ring there and then. Unfortunately, they were all too big for me. So we went to a shop in Kissimmee and my engagement ring is three-coloured Blackhills gold.

Pete offered to replace it, when we were better off, with a diamond one but I wouldn't trade this for anything! :hearts:

16. Beccaberry

Oh my vodka, that is a LOVELY story, MP! I can understand why you wouldn't trade your ring for anything!

Ok then, who's got one for the letter "J"?!?!

17. Watchinherskip

Ok,,,,having a lot of trouble with the J...Did we stay in the Jamaica section of CBR...no no:nono:

'Skip has nothing

18. Watchinherskip

Oh I do...here is my nephew (and total Disney freak) Johnny! We were having a blast on the Safari...he is a great kid.

Attached Files:

19. Beccaberry

HAHAHA!!! SO GREAT! Love the lion one!

K! Oh, I have one...Kali River Rapids! This was Baleigh's first "big girl" ride - and even at that she was still so small she had to have a special bracelet, a stamp and sit in a special seat on the raft!! But OMG, she LOVED it. She also thought it was called "Kali River Rabbits" until she was six :) We still call it that today.

20. Watchinherskip

:rotfl:Hysterical!!!