1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Anniversary Pre-trip

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Wendy, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

I thought I'd show willing this year and start a pre-trip report as there are only 28 days to go :D :mental:

First of all I need your help to find a title for it, answers on a postcard please :lol: :wink:

Who’s going:

Me: Wen - booker, planner, organiser, case packer and anything else that needs to be done.

DH: Chris – Driver to the airport, carrying cases and driving on holiday.

We will be visiting Florida again this year and will be there four whole weeks, having fun and celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary :D

I booked the flights at the beginning of the year as we had a specific time that we wanted to go and I was desperate to get flights. Initially we were flying out of Gatwick to Orlando and then home from Miami to Heathrow. I managed to change our flights a few months back so now we are flying home from Orlando as well, but into Manchester.

We are not big on planning, but this year we have actually arranged a few things, there are an awful lot of spare days though when we will just wing it and do as we please. I also don't know until we are there how mobile I will be.

I’ve got a few more things to look into booking and I’m hoping to do that in the next week or so.

So here are the plans on some of the dates so far:

Thurs 29th August – Drive to Gatwick Airport and then overnight at the Hilton Hotel (I know I said I would never stay there again, but it is just too convenient :lol: ) Do online check in :D

Fri 30th August – Take our bags to bag drop, collect our boarding passes and then go to the Virgin Lounge for a snack. I’m going to book myself in for a manicure whilst we are waiting :D I have also booked airport assistance, so we will be met and taken to the gate.

Our flight leaves at 11.15am and gets us into Orlando at about 3.15pm, again I have airport assistance, so I am hoping this will make a big difference to the long lines at the airport. We will collect the car from Dollar and then drive to the villa, which is like a home away from home for us. I guess I will be unpacking and then we will go shopping, probably get a sub between us :D

We are meeting Mari and her beautiful family at 1900 Park Fare at 7.30pm (I think) for dinner, we might even bump into our Dawn as she is there the same evening :D It will be a long day for us but we are both really looking forward to it.

Sat 31st August – a lazy start and then hopefully meeting some friends later in the day or evening.

Mon 2nd Sept – Probably head over to the Magic Kingdom.

Tues 3rd Sept – Our Anniversary, we are going to go to Epcot and try and get our photo taken in every country. We then have a reservation at the Hickory Steakhouse at Gaylord Palms for dinner. I like it there and we can walk around the resort afterwards.

Sat 7th Sept – Out in the evening for another anniversary dinner with special friends, we still haven’t decided where to go, so will have to start seriously thinking about it :lol:

Wed 11th Sept – Possibly Animal Kingdom in the morning and then over to the Magic Kingdom for the evening. We have a reservation at Be Our Guest and I am really looking forward to it :D

Thur 12th Sept - Possibly Kennedy Space Centre.

Fri 13th Sept - Quiet day and then Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Villain’s Night – a Special Event Party for Limited Time Magic.

Tues 17th Sept – MNSSHP at the Magic Kingdom :D

Weds 25th Sept – An exciting and special evening with friends :D

Thurs 26th Sept – Hopefully the preview for the Food and Wine Festival – we will need to buy tickets for it though.

Fri 27th Sept – Fly home :sigh:

Sat 28th Sept – Land at Manchester, collect the rental car and then a long sad, tired drive home :sigh:

There are a lot of free days when we will just visit parks, shop and do what we like. I will probably add a few more things soon.

We also want to drive to St Augustine for the day, rent a boat on the coast- possibly Sarasota area, and do some day trips to some other places. We have passes for Universal Studios, Kennedy Space Centre and SeaWorld, but I can't see us going to SeaWorld again as it has really gone downhill.

2. Watchinherskip

Watchinherskip Better known as "That Guy"

Well you are certainly doing it right! Congratulations by the way on the anniversary. It must be wonderful to take a month to go anywhere let alone WDW!!! Good for you!

3. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

:mental: :mental: :mental:

Our ADR is for 7pm.

4. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

Do you have appropriate footwear? :wink:

5. Wendy

Sadly no :(

6. Wendy

I'm a bit braver than I used to be, so if you see a walking zombie coming over to the table you will know it's me :lol:

Ticket voucher has arrived for the rental, one more things ticked off the list :D

7. Vikki

Vikki Serious Forum Regular

:(

8. Wendy

My feet were too wide :lol: it's a shame because I really liked them. Thank you for suggesting them though :hug2:

9. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

I know of a good "free" coffee stop if you fancy to break your journey home Wendy. :wink:

10. Wendy

I'll keep that in mind :D