1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The BBC and Tim Henson to Bring Muppet Style Show to TV

Discussion in 'TV/Movies & Celebrity Gossip' started by Wendy, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

A Muppets-style TV show made in cahoots with the Jim Henson Co. and the BBC has been given a greenlight.
    Show is being written by U.K. broadcaster and comedy scribe Danny Baker, who in the past has worked with British chat show host and film aficionado Jonathan Ross.

Baker revealed the news on Twitter: "I'm writing the new Muppet/Puppet show for BBC/Henson. There I've said it."

The writer posted a picture of himself posing with Kermit the Frog.

With the working title "No Strings Attached," the show will feature puppets alongside celebs and bow in the U.K. on the pubcaster's flagship TV channel, BBC1.

The production team includes Brian Henson as lead puppeteer. Jim Henson's Creature Shop in Los Angeles will create the puppets. Derek McLean exec produces.

Each week two celebrity guests will take part in sketches and compete in a series of games run by the puppets.

The BBC described the show as a "warm, cheeky, family affair fuelled by a healthy dose of off-the-wall, madcap fun."

A new "Muppets" TV series is being prepped in the U.S. after the puppet phenomenon's successful return to the bigscreen last year.

2. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

3. DisneyFreak

DisneyFreak Serious Forum Regular

It's about time! :thumbsup: