1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

the best disney restaurant?

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by disneymom, May 21, 2010.

1. disneymom

disneymom Imagineer

ok yet another question about food

Not that really expensive place at the grand but what is your favourite disney restaurant for a fancy meal? we'll be going without kids if that matters

2. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Bistro de Paris, by far. We also like, Yachtsman's Steakhouse, Jiko, Artist Point and for not so fancy but good food and fun atmosphere, Cape May's New England Clambake buffet. :yes:

3. Slowhand

Slowhand Cruise Director Forum Host

....all of those that Tink mentioned, together with Citrico`s and the Blue Zoo also. :thumbsup:

4. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Our favorite place to go is JIKO at AKL. However, I must agree with Tink, Bistro de Paris has been wonderful every time we have gone.

5. Slowhand

I was amazed at how quiet the Bistro was when my DW and I had dinner there a couple of weeks ago.
    We were given a window seat with a good view of Illuminations and the restaurant was barely half full so the staff didn`t rush us at all making for a very relaxing dinner.
    The last time we went [last year] the place was heaving...maybe a sign of these economic times eh?

6. Tink

Isn't it lovely when you are not rushed and made to feel that you should eat and run? :yes: That was our experience there too, not rushed.

Having a window seat is lovely!

I think sometimes that the whole setting of the Bistro puts people off a bit. The stark black of the somber hostess, the need to "get clearance" to go upstairs, that sort of thing...

Lovely place though, we very nicely prepared food. :yes:

7. Slowhand

Too true Tink. :thumbsup:
    In fact an American couple on the next table to us were allowed to go outside part way through their dinner [in between courses] in order to watch Illuminations.
    I did have a few reservations about going there this time having read about how the French had capitalised on the Brits who were stranded in their country due to the recent volcano eruption in Iceland by hiking up car rental and hotel costs be 2/300% etc. :thumbsdown:
    In the end we had a great time and it was good to be able to practice my French by holding a conversation with one of the servers who came around to serve the bread. She even understood what I was saying! :lol:

8. Tink

Yes, I can understand your hesitation. I read about those sorts of gouging things going on too, and was not impressed to think that the French would be so lacking in hospitality and simple compassion.

I have a deep seated love for all things French though (comparable for my legendary love of all things Irish! :D :D ) because of my Grandfather. :yes:

I think it's great that you were brave enough to use your French! I choked when there last and did not. :sorry: Too self conscious, and too long from a time when I used it better than I now do.

I know Herself loved the degustation menu, and we were allowed to share (suggested to share actually, by the server) so it was a perfect amount for both of us. :yes:

I think I may try to book it for her birthday this year... we'll see how life goes in the meantime... never do quite know what August will bring, eh?