1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Best Tip Ever

Discussion in 'Disney Secrets!' started by Johnie, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

In my humble opinion :yes:

Alysia and I went over to Toon Town to meet Tinkerbell and the other fairies. The wait time said 60 minutes. Ack....but we wanted to meet Tink so we waited. The line for the princesses was 15 minutes. Except no one was in line.

So......i told Alysia to go over to the princess line and meet them while I held our spot in the fairy line. She came back and then I went to meet the princesses. We killed two birds with one stone :yes: The CM was very impressed :tongue:
  2. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

ya know, i've thought about doing that before but worried that people would get hateful when my husband or daughters tried to make their way back up the line to where I was. Did that happen? I mean, it's not like I'd be doing anything wrong but I just worry too much, lol.
  3. Johnie

Nope, no dirty looks. I wouldn't worry about it either. It's not like we had a huge group coming in.
  4. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

that's true. would you ever be brave to do this in the line for a ride?? or do you think that would be rude in that situation?
  5. Johnie

Well I see people do that all the time in line for rides. I haven't done it for a ride and probably wouldn't.
  6. BigThunder

BigThunder a cool thingy

i get tempted more for rides than anything because it will be a huge line & one of my kids or the husband will have to go to the bathroom & I'll think about just getting in line because I know I'm not gonna get to the front before they get back but i've never even suggested it because I'm afraid people would get huffy or hateful.
  7. Johnie

I think people are ok with the bathroom thing. I only get annoyed when there are 1 or 2 people in front of me and all of a sudden 10 more people get in line. A couple of people wouldn't bother me at all.
  8. loadsapixiedust

loadsapixiedust Earning my ears

We went to see Tink a few weeks ago, we thought it odd that there were so many middle aged men on their own in the line, then it became apparent they were the "place holders" for their families who were off in the other line meeting the princesses and then cut back into the line to join Dad to see Tink and the fairies without waiting.

Sorry, I may be in the minority, but I do find it annoying when you think there are only 4 or 5 people in line in front of you then another dozen or more appear and sneak under the rope. It kind of defeats the purpose of queuing. I'm surprised a cast member condoned it.
  9. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Having family members who cannot stand on line for any length of time, and refuse to use WCs we hold places.

I think it depends upon the situation. When we queued for the fairies at Christmas, there was quite a group of us and some of us kept going off here and there (bathroom, snacks, etc). No one seemed to mind too much (and the majority of us did stay on line).

The family members who cannot stand on line well have held places for us for parades. We'll join them at an appointed time...

I don't know what the correct answer is, but I do know that we share the task of standing on line in our family. :yes:
  10. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

thats a great tip

I think it great when you have 2 parents and one small child or one parent and an older child....
  11. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

We actually did that at MGM - the kids went to see Woody as he didn't have much of a queue and I waited in line for Buzz as the line was closing - I felt really guilty doing it (I have a bit of a thing about not breaking rules :unsure:) but I figured that I wasn't having my photo taken with Buzz so the kids just took my place :yes:A few people actually congratulated me on my thinking - which doesn't happen often I can tell you :lol:
  12. tinkermom76

tinkermom76 Earning my ears

I have 2 little ones that will drive everyone around them nuts if they have to stand still for that long so I have someone else take them to get a drink or play while I wait in line... trust me if you had to listen to them whine you would beg for me to send them elsewhere :s :surrender:
  13. Mari

Mari Serious Forum Regular

hahahahaha

BTW I had COMPLETETLY forgotten about this GREAT tip!!

Will definetly use it in September....

Where do you think Toño will look less out of place standing by himself?? The fairies or the princesses line??? :point:
  14. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Definately the princess line....after all he is Prince Charming :wiggle:
  15. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Ohhhhh, I dunno... :D :D LOADS of men love those faeries! :yes:
  16. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Don't I know it ! :toetap: :lol: