1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The dining plan or not :/

Discussion in 'Restaurants, Dining, Dining Plans' started by AKLnut, Mar 25, 2011.

1. AKLnut

AKLnut Imagineer

We're out there for 14 nights and do normally enjoy one main meal at least on disney with perhaps another depending how we feel.

Would there be a saving to be had with the dining plan because Im not sure we'd use the counter service credits at all to be honest
  2. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

If you don't think you would use the counter service credits, then I wouldn't go with the dining plan. You would have to eat some pretty expensive dinner in order to get your money out of it :yes:

We get the dining plan and it works for us because we always eat on site, we like trying new places that might be a little more expensive then the places we usually go, and we like having everything paid before we leave. On our last trip I added up what we would have spent vs what we spend for the dining plan and we saved more than $500. :thumbsup:
  3. JStrickPhoto

JStrickPhoto Imagineer

I'm with Shelly - for that duration of a trip, you will DEFINITELY save money on dining. They key, as she points out, is making sure you use your lunch counter service. Every resort has at least one counter service location, if my memory serves me correct. As does Downtown Disney and of course, all the parks.

We rather enjoy the dining plan as it really encourages you to try new places to dine. So many resorts have unique themes or menus making each visit a great opportunity to explore a new menu.

My only advice is to be sure to make an ADR to any park-based restaurant or any of the special themed restaurants/buffets as they tend to book-up fast and early.

Jamie