1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Doors tour 2008!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Claire, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Not starring Jim Morrison!

We left Dorset full of excitement and anticipation heading for the Premier Inn Heathrow. We had an uneventful journey and arrived in plenty of time to check in, walk to our rooms, which I swear were in a different postal code to the front desk and get all excited at the selection of tea and coffee in the room.

[​IMG]

Cue Owen studying the bathroom door and the room door for several minutes, locking, unlocking, opening, shutting, pushing, pulling and generally annoying the whatnot out of everyone!

Headed downstairs again and after about 20 mins reached the bar. Did I mention the hotel was huge? Ordered dinner (nice selection of beige food for Maisie) and spent a good hour relaxing while the youngest two played in an indoor play area. Correction. Maisie played, Owen studied the entrance gate. Opening, shutting........ You know the drill!

After hiking back to the room we said goodnight to Poppy who went off to her room and we tried to get some sleep. I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles to sleep the night before a trip. I'm not sure if listening to the Chris Moyles podcast helped or not!

6am came very quickly and I was up and in the shower before the little travel sized kettle was finished boiling! Rounded up as many children as I own and corralled them into brushing their teeth, hair and selves down. Washing from the following day was packed and dumped in the car. We made our way to the long stay carpark, and from there to terminal 3 Heathrow Airport. Checking in was done and WHSmiths relieved us of some money. A brief look at a few of the other shops killed some time before we headed to our gate to board!

Maisie filling in her diary at the airport
    [​IMG]

Harrods anyone?
    [​IMG]

We are a few minutes late taking off but were soon in the air and zipping our way to Chicago!

[​IMG]

Owen had a little sleep after an exhausting time of it putting the little table in front of him up and down several thousand times prior to discovering the arm rest went up and down!

[​IMG]

American Airlines were fab. The flight attendants were very attentive and I even enjoyed the Beef Lasagne served with side salad. Geoff and Poppy had chicken, potatoes and vegetables and Maisie and Owen had Quavers bought from afore-mentioned WHSmiths.

We landed spot on time, moved smoothly immigration, customs and baggage claim, dropped the luggage off again for the next leg of the journey, making our connecting flight with only a few minutes to spare. A short hop later and we landed in Orlando. Wet and warm Orlando! Text Teresa before leaving the plane! Bags arrived on the carousal after what seemed like an eternity, Alamo desk slow but when we reached the front of the line we were dealt with quickly and before long we were loaded into our Grand Voyager, more or less the same as ours at home, and following the directions to the villa. 20 mins later and we pulled into the driveway of a great villa in Davenport. Tired but happy, we trooped in. Owen spent the first hour inspecting every door in the place and was particularly taken with the sliding patio doors leading to the pool area. Second favourite is the closet doors in his bedroom. They are his 'lift doors'! As we expected the children choose to swim before sleep -

[​IMG]

I put the children to bed at approx 9.30pm which was really 2.30am at home and crashed very shortly after. DH followed pretty much straight away while Poppy stayed up for a few minutes surfing in web.

I vaguely remember having a smile on my face as I drifted of. It's good to be back!

Next installment -Day one, Fantasy of Flight, Mall of Millennia, Dinner at Celebration and Owen! Leave the Bl**dy doors alone!
  2. keith

keith Camera nut Staff Member Administrator Forum Host

I love trip reports with photos :D

Can't wait to read about one of my fave places, mall at millenia!
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Wonderful report! Owen looks like an angel sleeping. :yes: (Don't they all)? :D

Looking forward to reading more!!! Thanks for doing them "live!"
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

aww it's hard work making sure everything is working properly.
  5. PsychoAlice

PsychoAlice Resident Anarchist

Woohoo!!!

Youre making me excited for my trip!!

Cant wait to read more!!!
  6. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

aw bless the childrens little hearts XXXXXXXXX How exciting! We LOVE inspecting the sachets of coffee and tea and sweeteners and sugars too! Sad I know but it has to be done! lol.... Loving the trippies!
  7. Dawn

Dawn carpe diem-ing Forum Host

Awwwww Owen is so cute. I expect a full door report from him on his return. :lol:
  8. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Yay a trip report already!!!

Saves me filling everyone in from the texts too ;)

Sounds a fab start hun.Can't wait to hear more :D
  9. Claire

Claire She lost the crayons!

Morning all! Thanks for your comments. I was quite tired last night when I wrote it so some details were missing. Hopefully that will change as the week goes on.
  10. Ursula

Ursula Cast Member

well get them down now.....
  11. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Another sunny start to the day! Claire you really did bring the sunshine with you! :D Let's hope it holds for the majority of the day. :yes:
  12. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Sounds like you are off to a great start to your trip Claire.
  13. lisaw

lisaw Serious Forum Regular

Glad you had a good start :D I love the sleeping Owen shot! :)
  14. mainecoon lover

mainecoon lover Addicted to Mickey

Great start, good to hear aa were good.