1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

The Force is Strong with The Muppets at Disney Parks

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Wendy, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Cody Hampton is the Associate Product Developer for Toys and Games and clearly he has a fun job (I mean who wouldn’t enjoy playing with toys all day?). He had just received the final production samples of action figures featuring The Muppets dressed as Star Wars characters. I later asked Cody about the figures which he meticulously lined up on his desk.

muppets-star-wars-1.jpg

“These new Muppets figures are articulated unlike the figures we released a few years ago,” explained Cody. “The new figures will be sold as two-figure sets and will feature classic characters like Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.”

Cody shared with me an early mock-up of the packaging featuring Beaker as C-3PO and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew as R2-D2. The other sets will include Link Hogthrob as Han Solo with Fozzy the Bear as Chewbacca, and (my favorite) Sam the Eagle as Obi-Wan Kenobi with Gonzo as Darth Vader complete with his chicken Camilla as a Stormtrooper.

muppets sw2.jpg

These figures won’t arrive until Fall at Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort.

If you are visiting Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you can see them on display in Jabba’s Hut, the specially-designed merchandise location near Disney’s Rock ‘N’ Roller Coaster.